Using Evernote offline

I used to be able to retreive and edit notes offline - I don't always have access to the internet.  Now, I see I can't open Evernote notes unless I have an internet connection.  This is a disaster as I rely on this capability.  

Any way around this?

What client are you using? Mac, Windows, iPad, Android, etc.

I'm guessing yours is a free account and that your using a mobile client (device). If that's the case, a copy of your data was being stored on the internal, *temporary* Cache drive, which likely got full and self cleared itself. If you've been Syncing to the servers on a regular basis and have a computer, you could log-in from there, sync the lastest syced version down to your computer and go from there. Both Mac and Windows computers store a complete offline copy of your database and as long as you sync after adding and editing content - once online again - you should be able to keep current versions on both your hardrive and the Servers.

I used to be able to retreive and edit notes offline - I don't always have access to the internet. Now, I see I can't open Evernote notes unless I have an internet connection. This is a disaster as I rely on this capability.

Any way around this?

I have Evernote installed on two Win7 computers and an Android (Samsund S4) phone.

The problem is with the phone.  The computers sync regularly as does the phone when it has access to the internet.  Problem is when the phone doesn't have immediate access to the internet.  Just get a screen that says it needs access to the internet.

Archived