problem deleting tags from shared notebooks

Question to ask in Evernote Forums:
I've shared a notebook with another person.
After some months, we noticed that she has some tags in the left pannel, that are attributed to my nickname. Tags that I deleted already from my Evernote. We have synchronized our notebooks. However this tags in her notebook still appear. She can't delete these tags because Evernote says they are mine.
I've tried creating again a note assignated in the shared notebook with that tag, synchronizing and then deleting the tag and synchronizing again, and now we see twice the tag...
In her Evernote this image shows how it's seen.
Any ideas on how can she delete from her Evernote this tags?

Here a pic of what she sees:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3o6pg7hwdd7m0eu/pic.jpg?dl=0

• Level 5*

Tags have been known to 'stick' in this way.  Ask the person with whom you shared the notebook to make sure she has no unsynced notes and does not use local (unsynced) notebooks.  Assuming that's the case,  ask her to uninstall,  restart and reinstall Evernote on her system.  You should find the 'phantom' tags disappear.

• 1 month later...

How about if I had previously joined a public notebooks of GM's... and I have a phantom tag sticking after I have deleted the notebook? The tag in question is "mayo-old-notes". Would I need to do a complete reinstall to get rid of it? 

I tried the Debug Menu thing here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/76301-unable-to-remove-unused-tags-remaining-from-old-shared-notebooks/#entry323496

No luck there. 

• Level 5*

A full uninstall/reinstall is probably NOT required.

Ask the person to whom you shared the NB to do the following in the EN Win app:

1. Hold down the CTRL key, and click on the Evernote Help menu
  2. Select "Delete unused linked tags"

EN-Win-564-Help-Menu.gif

Question to ask in Evernote Forums:
I've shared a notebook with another person.
After some months, we noticed that she has some tags in the left pannel, that are attributed to my nickname. Tags that I deleted already from my Evernote. We have synchronized our notebooks. However this tags in her notebook still appear. She can't delete these tags because Evernote says they are mine.
I've tried creating again a note assignated in the shared notebook with that tag, synchronizing and then deleting the tag and synchronizing again, and now we see twice the tag...
In her Evernote this image shows how it's seen.
Any ideas on how can she delete from her Evernote this tags?

Here a pic of what she sees:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3o6pg7hwdd7m0eu/pic.jpg?dl=0

But... JMichael, will that not delete all tags that are "placeholders/ markers" in a nested tag hierarchy? If so, this will delete the children tags nested thereunder. I think.

EDIT: I thought I'd throw caution to the wind and go for it. It worked! Thanks. I figured that "Unused linked tags" had to be different to "Unused account tags", even though I don't fully understand what those are. So that sorted out my problem with Grumpy Monkey's tag that was sticking (from his public notebook), haha!

That is officially my first technical issue resolved on the forums, if memory serves me right. I've learned a lot here... but that's my first personal fix.

Archived