Beta is just one thing: rubbish

Norgoe

Sorry for using such a hard word, but I will never understand why someone should ever force the content to a fixed size like the beta does.

"Great", with the beta I now have to scroll in two dimensions on many of my webclipped notes.

When I started to use evernote - even while there was no native linux client - my impression was that evernote was one of the services clever enough to go the way of "form follows function".

Than evernote changed the ui on the ipad throwing away about one third of the display for nonesense showing a floating note above a faded out background and I was annoyed that evernote is taking the wrong turn, flirting with "nice looking gui first - productivity later".

My hope for a native linux or java app for evernote (nixnote and everpad are still not productively useable) was not fullfilled and now - in an age of more and more widescreens - evernote opts for a fixed width content pane which is rediculously small?

The web client is still the only way to use evernote on linux and now you start to cripple it? You must be kidding!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Sorry for using such a hard word, but I will never understand why someone should ever force the content to a fixed size like the beta does.

"Great", with the beta I now have to scroll in two dimensions on many of my webclipped notes.

Even worse: The horizontal scoll bar shows only, when scrolling down to the end of the note. :-(

The web client is still the only way to use evernote on linux and now you start to cripple it? You must be kidding!

I hope, they will keep the old web client, until the new client gets full functionality.

Bye 

Tiggr (aka Marcus)

I second @Norgoe!

I've tried beta web version. New beta version is NOT upgrade, it is downgrade! I have big monitor, plenty of room, and I like to have more details on monitor.  Beta is more like Keep.  Too damn simpl to be usefull.

As @Norgoe I use EN also on Ubuntu Linux. Evernote desktop for Windows with Wine is working on Linux, but is a little buggy. So I use web EN.

And now this beta. Really, you must be joking?!

Please, do not force us to use new beta......or at least allow us to choose!

Have a nice day

Mandlc

Archived