What additional features does Scannable add to Scansnap?

adamdwright

What additional features aside from multiple users per scanner (if you have the scanner) and document auto-capture (not having to press the 'take a picture' button on the app) does this app have?

Does it solve the problem of the scanner pairing multiple documents in one PDF file, or the numerous other scanner 'problems' I read about on the forums?

Not antagonizing here, just trying to get some clarity as to whether or not it improves your scanner experience.  I for one don't have multiple users ... but don't plan on purchasing the scanner until a few of the issues I read about are fixed from within the software.  So ... does this app fix any of those issues? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The YouTube video was posted today. You can download it for iPad and iPhone through the iTunes app store. It's not available through the App Store app yet. 

Here's Evernote's product page:

https://evernote.com/products/scannable/

The iTunes store link:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/evernote-scannable/id883338188

Besides syncing with the ScanSnap scanner, it seems to be a more robust standalone app than the Evernote client's in-app document camera, which on my iPhone 4S crashes continually. It's also a heck of a lot quicker to access and and immediately capture Post-it notes, business cards and other docs. It scans multiple documents, focusing automatically without needing to tap anywhere for subsequent shots. Sending to Evernote is just one of the options... which can be sent directly to the EN servers or else added to your iOS client through the iOS share menu.

The YouTube video was posted today. You can download it for iPad and iPhone through the iTunes app store. It's not available through the App Store app yet. 

http://youtu.be/knmDArtrsoY

Here's Evernote's product page:

https://evernote.com/products/scannable/

The iTunes store link:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/evernote-scannable/id883338188

must be rolling out in countries.

I'm in Australia so I suppose in the future due to time zone and it's available and working great so far.

I've had some problems with search in the app store finding it, but the direct app store link appears to be working if you select it from your iDevice.

It's already in the best new apps section here lol

I found it earlier by clicking the Evernote link in one of your apps to see all of them.

What additional features aside from multiple users per scanner (if you have the scanner) and document auto-capture (not having to press the 'take a picture' button on the app) does this app have?

Does it solve the problem of the scanner pairing multiple documents in one PDF file, or the numerous other scanner 'problems' I read about on the forums?

Not antagonizing here, just trying to get some clarity as to whether or not it improves your scanner experience.  I for one don't have multiple users ... but don't plan on purchasing the scanner until a few of the issues I read about are fixed from within the software.  So ... does this app fix any of those issues? 

To answer your original OP Adam, Scannable does not resolve the issue of the Scansnap EE grouping multiple docs of similar size into one pdf. We've got some ideas on how we can improve that part of the scanner's ability though. 

Scannable, when paired with the Scansnap, can turn it into a single hub of scanning activity for an entire office, and at the same time adds flexibility to what you can do with the documents post-scan. It's a pretty cool combo.

• 5 months later...

First of all, why is this not available on Android phones as well.  Not all of us are slaves to Apple.

Second, Fujitsu has a program that is part of its Scansnap suite called ScanSnap Receipt which is an OCR program that will allow you to read receipts, search them, file them etc.

I chose the Evernote Fujitsu ix500EE because I believed it was a far superior scanner to NeatDesk.  But, had I chosen the NeatDesk scanner I would have the OCR ability to read and search PDFs, etc.

I scan all of my receipts so that I don't have boxes of them at tax time - but have had to keep them anyway because there is no way I have found to read and search them in Evernote's ScanSnap version.  

It would seem that this should be a no-brainer for both home and business use.  I can't even find a way to download it from Fujitsu because their scanning suite is so different from Evernotes.

Can you help me out here?

Another question, if I wanted to just download Fujitsu's scanning suite and use it instead of the Evernote version, will it work with Evernote?  If so, is there a way to pave the way for Fujitsu to allow me to do so?

Archived