New Interface is terrible horrible no good!

HelgeM

Idea

I allowed Evernote to move me from the old interface to the new beta interface. What a mistake! Is there a way to move back? I sure hope so, because the beta is completely unusable for me.

I use Evernote to save links, kind of like Delicious used to do it. Go to a note, click on the link, and go to the site.

The beta doesn't let me do that, anymore. The link is available only in the Info dialog, and it isn't clickable. There's no way to add links to a note, it seems, so I can't even copy the link out of the Info dialog into the note text.

Has anyone here figured out how to deal with all of that? If I could just move back to the old interface I'd be happy.

-- 

Helge

14 replies to this idea

I completely agree with everybody that the new interface almost makes Evernote useless to me! I switched back to the old/classic interface in a big hurry! When I introduced my friends to Evernote, they were excited and signed up for an account. Alas! they don't have the option to choose the old interface. They said they couldn't handle the new look and quit using it. 

Evernote developers: if you are reading this thread, you see - you are losing customers because of the new interface! 

I completely agree with everybody that the new interface almost makes Evernote useless to me! I switched back to the old/classic interface in a big hurry! When I introduced my friends to Evernote, they were excited and signed up for an account. Alas! they don't have the option to choose the old interface. They said they couldn't handle the new look and quit using it. 

Evernote developers: if you are reading this thread, you see - you are losing customers because of the new interface! 

Thank you for the feedback, SChen.  Can you help us understand some of the features that you're missing so this feedback is more actionable?  We've made a lot of improvements since last year to address user problems and would like to continue the conversation. 

Thanks in advance, 

Nancy 

Thank you for the feedback, SChen.  Can you help us understand some of the features that you're missing so this feedback is more actionable?  We've made a lot of improvements since last year to address user problems and would like to continue the conversation. 

Thanks in advance, 

Nancy 

I agree there isn't much on which you can act here (except for allowing everyone to use the old code), but I hope you aren't suggesting that you don't see any feedback in this forum on which you must act. There are plenty of threads by users who really want the tool to work with very specific criticism of the new UI. I get the impression that you are somehow hoping that a few tweaks will somehow fix an attempt to push a design philosophy that is simply not aligned with what your users want.

Thanks in advance, 

Nancy 

Nancy, my OP had specific items called out. I'll repeat them below: 

I use Evernote to save links, kind of like Delicious used to do it. Go to a note, click on the link, and go to the site.

The beta doesn't let me do that, anymore. The link is available only in the Info dialog, and it isn't clickable. There's no way to add links to a note, it seems, so I can't even copy the link out of the Info dialog into the note text.

Thanks in advance, 

Nancy 

Nancy, my OP had specific items called out. I'll repeat them below: 

Hello, 

We added this feature back in back in August.  You should find the URL in the upper right corner of your note.  You should see it when you first open your note.  Unfortunately, when you start editing the formatting bar now hides it.  We'll be addressing this downside shortly.  But for now, if you simply click out of the editing region of your note, you should see a clickable URL in the upper right.  

Release Notes: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/87238-web-client-beta-release-852015-easy-access-to-source-url-bug-fixes/

- Nancy 

Archived