Deleting checked items from checklist

Didi02453

I know that there is an old thread on this.  I love evernote - because of the web/smartphone flexibility. But I use it for both notes AND to-do lists.  I would prefer not to add additional software.  I just want a way to clear "done" items from my list so that I can keep a rolling list of to-dos.  Seems like a very simple UI add for Evernote, I am baffled on why they would not provide this.  Not asking for any complex list management... just a way to keep my list clean.

• Level 5*

Why wouldn't they provide this?  If it was easy to do they might already have done it.  The fact they haven't suggests that 1) it ain't as easy as it looks and/ or 2) they have lots of other priorities and this one didn't make it yet.  There seem to be quite a few things coming out of the current Evernote conference - keep an eye peeled;  you might get lucky.

I know that there is an old thread on this.  I love evernote - because of the web/smartphone flexibility. But I use it for both notes AND to-do lists.  I would prefer not to add additional software.  I just want a way to clear "done" items from my list so that I can keep a rolling list of to-dos.  Seems like a very simple UI add for Evernote, I am baffled on why they would not provide this.  Not asking for any complex list management... just a way to keep my list clean.

Maybe it's simple, maybe not. Maybe they simply choose to not implement it. And, FYI, it's not just a "very simple UI add", since it affects the actual data in the database. Evernote has stated in the past that they do not want to change your data for you. That's why they don't have an auto delete option. That's why they make a separate document when they OCR your files. That's why they don't delete things from your check list.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/4258-how-do-i-export-to-pdf/?p=28693

Archived