EN Web Beta Cancel?

Terry Butcher

I did the same just moments ago. There are no reminders. If there were I did not see them. Is that where Evernote is going? Are they getting rid of reminders?

I am asking because I had spent the better part of 30 minutes looking for a view of all my reminders as well as how to set in the new note and I could not find it.

I couldn't find them either, bulldzr.  I even made a new note with a reminder in the old interface, switched, and went looking for the reminder in the new interface, and there's no trace of any reminder functionality.  If Evernote is going to start valuing a pretty interface over useful functionality, I just don't know how I can continue using the service.

Same here.  Don't like at all to trendy without being functional - doesn't provide the basics - easy access to notes and I notice the editor here has more functionality than the Evernote one.

Their Mac client took a step backwards with version 5 and they seem to be doing the same with their web version.

Thanks for encouraging me to look again for the back to old view option in settings.

Ian

• Level 5*

I did the same just moments ago. There are no reminders. If there were I did not see them. Is that where Evernote is going? Are they getting rid of reminders?

I am asking because I had spent the better part of 30 minutes looking for a view of all my reminders as well as how to set in the new note and I could not find it.

Apparently, reminders will eventually come (acc. to comments by staff in another thread).

I'm usually very open to new redesigns of UI but this is very disappointing. Looks like a mobile website on a PC.

The previous design was nice and compact. This new design displays very little of my notes, focusing on writing but makes retrieving notes more difficult.

I could choose a tag see the notes list and the check the notes.

My workflow is very dependent on tags and I have spent much time organizing the tags in a tree structure. I have looked round for other note taking apps and there isn't much out there that allows organizing tags like this so remained faithful to EN. This is a strong organization advantage but in the new design they have moved away from this to an alphabetical list that breaks my taxonomy.

Unfortunately, this could be a deal breaker for me if forced to move to this UI.

I'm so glad there's a way to cancel the beta because, wow, this new interface is absolutely garish. (Not to mention it took forever to figure out where to turn off the beta, hence I'm here in the first place.)

Is it really that where evernote is going?

Nice stylish outside, black hole inside, with a maybe-I-will-tell-you-something-search function as a gate keeper?

• ..."Reminders will eventually come back" - will they?
  • no more nested tags - seems as if another usable evernote client has left (yes, I was waiting for the opposite, for mac and iOS)

I know, this is beta. 

But every beta I saw in the last years was a shiny step back in functionality. 

I'd really LIKE to believe there WILL BE something inside, behind the shiny wrapping paper!

World could be split 50-50 on new and radical changes like this, but there is some fundamental problem with the new interface.  I use 24" IPS displays, while-to-black ratios is so out of balance, that my eyes started to hurt in few seconds.  There is a chance that I have turned brightness high, but this never happened with any other site or software I used on these monitors for the last 2yrs.  Switching back to good old theme, if there is an options to change color palette to 'dark' theme, I would try and see if layouts are helping me being productive.  Until then...

• 3 weeks later...

I am glad I was able to reverse that decision... If this is the direction that the Windows desktop client is going then it will be the final nail in the coffin (of a long string of bad design decisions that have happened over the last couple of years). Like ninjawil my workflow is pivotal on the ability to nest tags and would make EN unusable if the ability is removed.

• 3 weeks later...

I support a "no distractions view" being available, but I do NOT want it to become the only available web interface. It's great for those times when I don't want to see more than what I'm working on Right Now, but the rest of the time it's a huge inconvenience. I would like to see Evernote keep both layouts available long term, since they serve vastly different purposes.

Other web services I use allow beta opt-out initially, but eventually force a switch. If Evernote takes that step with their "no distractions" web interface, I will likely be forced to find another data management software service.

I'm a huge fan of Evernote, but if this becomes the default web version and the desktop begins to look like this I will sadly have to switch to another software solution. This web beta reminds me of the Windows 8 "modern app" version that has such low information density. I really don't understand the trend in software removing functionality in the spirit of simplicity that has become so pervasive over the last few years. 

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Sorry guys i might be crazy but i have check 10 times all menus, but i haven't see any Beta Toggle or button on my account settings.

Would it be possible to know exactly in which section you have find this beta option

I'm using Chrome , maybe it's a bug with chrome ? here is a screenshot of what i see :

post-275393-0-62306300-1447524744_thumb.

Hello everyone!

We've made a lot of big improvements in the Web Client over the past year.  Reminders, shortcuts, and nested tags are available. We're currently working on enabling bulk actions as well as other features.  Please continue to share us any feedback you have on the new product.  We'd really appreciate it. 

- Nancy 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

We've made a lot of big improvements in the Web Client over the past year.  Reminders, shortcuts, and nested tags are available. We're currently working on enabling bulk actions as well as other features.  Please continue to share us any feedback you have on the new product.  We'd really appreciate it. 

- Nancy 

I am helping my daughter get set up on Evernote, so she has a new account. We can't find a way to choose the old web interface on her account. It doesn't appear in the account settings. The new UI is a usability nightmare, and nobody in my house likes it. Can we get the good interface on her account?

on mine, it appears as "Evernote Web" and is located between "Gift to a Friend" and "Username". Since it doesn't appear on yours, I wonder if they have disabled if for those who haven't already opted out...

That's what I'm wondering. I've been a member for years, I have the selection, she doesn't.

I think they should offer it to everyone.

• 4 months later...

paulmuus, I think the menu layout has changed since this thread started. Look for the Settings gear by selecting your name in the top right corner of the Evernote page. At least that's where it is now in my "Classic" view. Then under Account Summary look for Evernote Web settings. Hope that helps!

Archived