Saving web links to Evernote vs web pages

I would like to have the choice of saving either a link to a web page or the page itself when adding to Evernote.  The latest release seems to save the entire article rather than just the URL which is what I've been saving all along.  Within days of this starting, I'm getting notices that I've reached half of my allotted memory and am being encouraged to upgrade to a premium account.  I don't need this kind of pressure on top of multilpe very serious pressures in my life right now.  I really like Evernote and want to be able to keep using it, but by saving full articles instead of just the links, you're forcing me to look at other products that can help me keep my life together.

• 4 weeks later...

Also, just as clarification, please note this is a user forum. While Evernote staff do read everything posted, they don't usually participate in dicussions.

But we do try hard to help each and as Gaz said, we need to know what client (app/platform) your using. i.e.

Mac, Windows Desktop, Windows Touch, IOS, Web, Android, etc.

Please include that info in all your posts so that those with direct experience with your particular client(s) are better prepared to assist you.

Cheers!

• Level 5*

The latest release of which client?  If you're saving on a desktop,  Evernote's clipper includes options to save the URL...

Exactly. And to elaborate, in the web clipper (at least the web clipper on Chrome), you get several choices, incudling "Bookmark". That'd be the one to use.

My apologies - I meant the Evernote client on my Samsung Android phone.  I usually see posts to articles by my friends on Facebook and want to come back to them, but I have not found any settings in the Android phone version to allow a choice between saving a URL or the entire article.  I almost always use FB on my phone rather than at a desktop.  Can the desktop settings be synched to the phone version?

• Level 5*

On Android, you use Share to Evernote, and then when the green elephant appears (signifies that clipping is happening), you tap on it, and you should get a popup that gives you the option of clipping the full article or not, and also choosing notebook and adding tags to your clip.

See http://blog.evernote.com/blog/2014/09/04/new-evernote-6-android/

Annoyingly I knew that too... :(

This sort of thing happens to me too, gaz, more often than I'd like. That's why there's more than one of us... :)

The kind of stuff Evernote was designed to help us remember...as long as we don't want to remember too much stuff.

Jefito, this is what I was talking about a few month ago on a different thread... Since the newest major update for the Android app, the only thing I can do when using the Share To option is clip and entire page. It does not provide me with any options to add a Title, Tags or Note Text. Nor does it allow me to choose the Notebook I want to Clip to; it goes straight to the default one.

Prior to version 6, I was able to do all those things when Clipping using the Android "Share To" option. And Evernote is the only app I've see changes to in terms of the "Share To" option.

Have you recently tried using it to see if yours is working the way it should (as you've described here)?

On Android, you use Share to Evernote, and then when the green elephant appears (signifies that clipping is happening), you tap on it, and you should get a popup that gives you the option of clipping the full article or not, and also choosing notebook and adding tags to your clip.

See http://blog.evernote.com/blog/2014/09/04/new-evernote-6-android/

• Level 5*

Have you recently tried using it to see if yours is working the way it should (as you've described here)?

I tried it yesterday, before I made the recommendation. Worked fine. I just tried again. Worked fine. This is with the Chrome browser, if that makes a difference.

Hmm, I'm stumped then. I'm definitely missing something. Probably something very obvious.

I tried it yesterday, before I made the recommendation. Worked fine. I just tried again. Worked fine. This is with the Chrome browser, if that makes a difference.

Archived