Lost laptop- Evernote security concerns

mattliszt

Idea

I lost my computer yesterday while traveling and am concerned about security on my downloaded Evernote app for Mac.  I just signed-up for the double-authentication with the Google Authenticator.  It says that it now asks for double-authentication when I sign-off and then sign-in.  I have noticed this working on mobile and my 2nd computer.

However, I am unclear if it will be prompted on my lost or stolen Macbook Air.  The Evernote desktop program is available on my desktop bar and always seems to active; has not asked me for an username or password at login--- it just works, turns on.  As I have upgraded to the now double-authentication security, will it ask the next user for this level of security?  Or, will it need to be signed-out and then re-signed in?

Thank you in advanced...

2 replies to this idea

You can log into evernote.com and go to your security settings and revoke access for that computer. However, if the thief opens the laptop out of wifi range, then I guess he will still have access to your notes. I'm sure someone here has experience with this.

Thanks, ENut.  I just did that. Great suggestion.  The wifi issue is a challenge.  In my access history it does not look as if anyone has logged on; however, the wifi issue is both a concern in terms of security and also prohibits my ability to track access by this devices.

Thanks again, super helpful.

Archived