REQUEST: Marking as favorites by Tag

Hello!

I would like to have the ability to mark/unmark Favorites in Windows environment (maybe by tag-- that's how I organize notes). That way I can enable specific notes for specific events so that I have them available on my iPhone, but only have what I need so I don't have to search.

Is this feature possible?

Right not I have to do it manually on my iPhone which is a time waster.

Thanks!

Mark

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

I have created a Tag named "!Fav" which I use for just this purpose.

The "!" makes the tag appear at the top of the tag list.

When I want to apply this tag, I just type "!" and EN autocompletes the tag name, so I just hit ENTER to assign to the Note.

This is all in EN Mac.

• Level 5*

A slight variation to JM, I use a tag !Hot to flag the notes.  In addition I put !Hot the Search bar.  In this way I can then get to this set of notes relatively quickly whether in EN Windows or iPhone/iPad.  FWIW.

• Level 5*

Cal, just to clarity, I think you mean that you create a Saved Search for the tag "!Hot", so that it appears in the Saved Search list on on all devices, right?

My bad, I misspoke.  I have the tag !Hot in the Shortcuts bar.

• Level 5*

Cal, just to clarity, I think you mean that you create a Saved Search for the tag "!Hot", so that it appears in the Saved Search list on on all devices, right?

Does the EN Win Shortcuts bar show up in the EN iOS Shortcuts list?

Doesn't work that way with En Mac and EN iOS.

EDIT:  Correct my error about Shortcut sharing.

• Level 5*

Does the EN Win Shortcuts bar show up in the EN iOS Shortcuts list?

Doesn't work that way with En Mac and EN iOS.

Yes.  In Windows the setting is in Tools - Options - Sync - Syncronize shortcuts.

• Level 5*

Yes.  In Windows the setting is in Tools - Options - Sync - Syncronize shortcuts.

Cal, I stand corrected!  This feature is available in EN Mac at Evernote > Preferences > Sync

As I check right now both EN Mac and EN iOS, the Shortcuts are the SAME!   Excellent!

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Cal, I stand corrected!  This feature is available in EN Mac at Evernote > Preferences > Sync

As I check right now both EN Mac and EN iOS, the Shortcuts are the SAME!   Excellent!

Thanks!

You're welcome!  My good deed for the day, I can sleep well tonight.   :)

Archived