I need to transfer my notes to another Evernote account

I have two Evernote accounts and I am closing one as i've change email provider. I don't want or need to have two accounts. Does anyone know how do I transfer the notes to the new account please? It would have been easier to change the Evernote email account name but this does not seem possible. There are also problems i'm noticing from forum postings with sharing Evernote accounts, I need to actually transfer about 80 high content notes to the new account.  Can anyone advise please? Thank you!

• Level 5*

Changing your email account should NOT be a problem.

1. Login to your existing account at Evernote.com
  2. click on "Account Settings" in the dropdown from your name at the Top, Right of the screen.  
  3. In Account Summary, you should see "Manage email addresses"

If for some reason this doesn't work for you, report back here, and submit a Support Ticket (link below).

• Level 5*

I have two Evernote accounts and I am closing one as i've change email provider. I don't want or need to have two accounts. Does anyone know how do I transfer the notes to the new account please? It would have been easier to change the Evernote email account name but this does not seem possible. There are also problems i'm noticing from forum postings with sharing Evernote accounts, I need to actually transfer about 80 high content notes to the new account.  Can anyone advise please? Thank you!

JMichael references how you could keep one Evernote account by just changing to the new email for that account.  

If you have already created a new Evernote account and want to keep that one and you don't want to share the notes, you can export the 80 notes to ENEX format and import them into the new Evernote account.  

IMO, best way to export notes is to do it by notebook (right click on the notebook, select export notes), preserving tags.  When you import them into the other Evernote account they are put in a notebook named Imported Notes.  You can rename that notebook or move the notes to an existing notebook at that point.

• Level 5*

IMO, moving your Notes by export/import is the least desirable way to do so.

When you export/import, be aware of the following:

1. You lose NB info
  2. You lose internal/external note links
  3. You lose stacks
  4. You lose tag hierarchies
  5. You incur new hits against your monthly upload allowance

Changing your account email should be easy and painless, without any loss.

• Level 5*

IMO, moving your Notes by export/import is the least desirable way to do so.

When you export/import, be aware of the following:

1. You lose NB info
  2. You lose internal/external note links
  3. You lose stacks
  4. You lose tag hierarchies
  5. You incur new hits against your monthly upload allowance

Changing your account email should be easy and painless, without any loss.

JMichael,

Agree when you import to a new EN account there are issues, mostly 2 and 4.  1 and 3 aren't that hard to recreate IMO and 5 is problematic based upon the set of notes.

I was just presenting an option if one wants consolidate all their notes into one EN account.  Reacting to "I need to actually transfer about 80 high content notes to the new account."  It the OP hasn't added any notes, or just a few, to the new EN account, I'm with you, change the email address per your note.  

Thanks so much for responses. Unfortunately I made the mistake of creating a new Evernote email account first. Having had the great help of Evernote forum I have tried to change the original email account name but now get the message. 'This email address is already in use. Frustrating because it's my own new email account address that I created. Thanks again and any suggestions please? Y

• Level 5*

You could contact support to see if they can fix if for you.  Or, never tried it but, but you might:

1. Create a new dummy email account on Gmail (sorry Gmail)
  2. Change the email on your new EN account to the new dummy account
  3. Change the email.on your old EN account to the email that you want (since you just removed it from the new EN account).

I don't know how Evernote manages email addresses that have been removed, so if they hang on to it, this may not work.  If they don't, I think it should work.  FWIW.

• Level 5*

Thanks so much for responses. Unfortunately I made the mistake of creating a new Evernote email account first. Having had the great help of Evernote forum I have tried to change the original email account name but now get the message. 'This email address is already in use. Frustrating because it's my own new email account address that I created. Thanks again and any suggestions please? Y

I think the solution is obvious:  Delete the NEW account, after exporting to ENEX any Notes you have in it.

Then you should be able to change the email of the original account.

Archived