Trash at android app?

• Level 5*

Because mobile devices don't always have free permanent storage?  A trash folder is meant to save deleted notes on the off chance you want to restore them;  it's more sensible to rely on the web or desktop apps which do have access to free storage.

Because mobile devices don't always have free permanent storage?  A trash folder is meant to save deleted notes on the off chance you want to restore them;  it's more sensible to rely on the web or desktop apps which do have access to free storage.

Thanks for the answer. This is really annoying thing for me, there are wide range of using style of evernote and for example i only take simple notes also even though i use actively i have no storage problem. This should be optional at least?

• Level 5*

If a trash folder were an option it would have to be coded for all versions in all devices in case someone wanted to use it - that's not a trivial development,  and I guess either it's not economically possible,  or Evernote don't see the demand for it yet..

If a trash folder were an option it would have to be coded for all versions in all devices in case someone wanted to use it - that's not a trivial development,  and I guess either it's not economically possible,  or Evernote don't see the demand for it yet..

Here is the demand then :D Thanks again for your answers, i joined forum just for mentioning about this subject.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

+1 to adding Trash folder to Android app.

I have had a few cases where I deleted a note by mistake, and needed it later on my phone, but had absolutely no access to restore the note.

It doesn't have to be an offline folder, it just needs to show a list of deleted items. Meaning, it would query the server for a list of deleted notes, when the user opens the folder.

Also, if the note was viewed and deleted on the phone/tablet, then it was already cached on the device, and moving it to the Trash folder would not change the overall disk usage of the app.

I have a related issue with a note that just dissapeared on my android app after editing it and hitting the save button. The note has been synced with the server since at least a couple of weeks. Is there any way I can restore it (by upgrading to premium maybe?)

The note dissapeared when i tried to edit and then save it on 15th March.

Since roughly the last week of February when it was first created I havent used any non-android device to sync and the note has not been edited either (just created and synced to evernote servers near the end of Feb).

The note dissapeared when i tried to edit and then save it on 15th March.

Since roughly the last week of February when it was first created I havent used any non-android device to sync and the note has not been edited either (just created and synced to evernote servers near the end of Feb).

Archived