Help! Restore Deleted Conflicting Changes Note

adellearcher

Idea

I had a conflicting changes folder and corresponding note generated for an important note and I deleted the folder and when I went back to the original note I realized it was a very old version of it and doesn't contain 5 of the audio recordings I need! How can I restore the deleted conflicting changes note?? It isn't in the Trash or in the note history (I have Evernote premium). I've reached out to support but are there any other measures I can take??

Thank you so much for your help!! 

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sorry to hear about the problem - have you checked all the devices you use,  including the web version via your browser?  If the note is not in its correct notebook,  Conflicting Changes or the Trash Notebook on any device then you have a major problem.  Once deleted the information may be gone forever unless you are a Premium user and if you 'step back' the note history it goes to the larger version as a previous incarnation.  It doesn't sound hopefull,  but in this instance I'd be guided by support.  Again if you're a premium user - and if you're not it may be worth upgrading for a month - you can use the chat function on the support page (see below).

I am receiving multiple conflicting modifications messages to every note on every device whenever I make any update.  I've upgraded to Yosemite (version 10.10), iOS 8.1 and I basically can't use Evernote.  Every modification to a note is marked as "Conflicting".  I am an extensive user of Evernote (over 8,000 notes and 250 notebooks).  Does anyone else have this problem?  I just upgraded to Yosemite yesterday.  Help!   Thanks. 

• Level 5*

Do you get conflicting changes on notes edited on both your laptop and iPhone?  Try editing on one device,  manually syncing the change and check with the server version via Evernote.com that the change has been sent to the web.  Then sync on your other device to receive that change,  and try another edit and sync,  tracking it back to the web.  It may be that one device isn't syncing properly and the late / missing edits are what's causing your problem.

Archived