Manual sync went to old note rather t5han newest one

So my Evernote (iMac and iPhone) is set to sync automatically every hour. I spent the last couple of days adding data to EN on my Mac (lots), and before leaving the house this morning for the weekend I wanted to make sure that my iPhone EN was updated. So I hit "sync" and lost the updates I had made over the last two days. Why the hell would "sync" determine that I wanted to go back to the smaller, older note? Is that a bug or simply a poor feature? I'm so devastated that I am thinking of looking for an alternative to EN ...

Anyone?

So my Evernote (iMac and iPhone) is set to sync automatically every hour. I spent the last couple of days adding data to EN on my Mac (lots), and before leaving the house this morning for the weekend I wanted to make sure that my iPhone EN was updated. So I hit "sync" and lost the updates I had made over the last two days. Why the hell would "sync" determine that I wanted to go back to the smaller, older note? Is that a bug or simply a poor feature? I'm so devastated that I am thinking of looking for an alternative to EN ...

Anyone?

Sounds like you had the note called up on your phone & made a change (even if it was as simple as adding a carriage return) so when you synced the phone, that note appeared to be the newest one.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/20092-not-very-happy-right-now/?p=101095

Nope. I did open Evernote on my phone to sync but no note was open when I synced. As a matter of fact, the creation date on the note now says Dec 20, 1969 ... and that is NOT something I did. It was way at the bottom of my note list. I had to search for it after I noticed the note had reverted on my Mac :(

• Level 5*

? Have you looked at this note again on your Mac or via Evernote.com?  If all copies of the note are changed then the information is unfortunately lost;  but information isn't disgarded - something must have been changed in a copy of the old note and synced to the server for it's content to overwrite the latest data...

Archived