Upload Limit Reached. Whaaaaat?

JoeMD

Due to moving house I've not opened Evernote for a good month, most probably more. However, I opened it today, clipped some stuff off the web and then went to merge those clips. However, I could not do so due to having "reached my upload limit." This makes no sense as I've only opened Evernote once this month only uploaded a few pages to it, nothing that would take up a whole GB. Even when uploading heaps of scans of receipts and stuff in the past have I hit my limit.

What's even more confusing is that when I go to my account page I'm told I still have 19.4MB remaining. Surely that would be enough to merge/ sync those notes?

I've included screencaps of the upload limit message from the desktop program and the Monthly Usage bat from my account page. If someone could explain what's going on here it would be much appreciated.

As an aside I just want to note that over the last year I've found Evernote to be less and less user friendly. From taking aaaages to open the desktop client in a previous version to the Web Clipper not working and now this...it's beginning to get frustrating to the point where I might have to look elsewhere. It;s a shame because it;s a great program, but I find myself fighting with it more than simply using it. I'm not trying to be disrespectful here, but I think the devs should be aware that people are not having a good experience with their software.

post-113644-0-68302900-1411660105_thumb.

post-113644-0-67088600-1411660227_thumb.

Due to moving house I've not opened Evernote for a good month, most probably more. However, I opened it today, clipped some stuff off the web and then went to merge those clips. However, I could not do so due to having "reached my upload limit." This makes no sense as I've only opened Evernote once this month only uploaded a few pages to it, nothing that would take up a whole GB. Even when uploading heaps of scans of receipts and stuff in the past have I hit my limit.

What's even more confusing is that when I go to my account page I'm told I still have 19.4MB remaining. Surely that would be enough to merge/ sync those notes?

I've included screencaps of the upload limit message from the desktop program and the Monthly Usage bat from my account page. If someone could explain what's going on here it would be much appreciated.

As an aside I just want to note that over the last year I've found Evernote to be less and less user friendly. From taking aaaages to open the desktop client in a previous version to the Web Clipper not working and now this...it's beginning to get frustrating to the point where I might have to look elsewhere. It;s a shame because it;s a great program, but I find myself fighting with it more than simply using it. I'm not trying to be disrespectful here, but I think the devs should be aware that people are not having a good experience with their software.

First, you say "This makes no sense as I've only opened Evernote once this month only uploaded a few pages to it, nothing that would take up a whole GB".  Your screen shot indicates you are not a premium user, so you only have 60 mg per month (IIRC) to upload, not a gig.  (Confirmed also by your screen shot showing what your total upload limit is.)

Second, the web client is the source of all truths.  So what it says you have available is really what's available.  The desktop clients estimate based upon what the EN servers said you had available, that last time you sync'd, and add in any changes/new notes you've made.  This is to prevent you from unknowingly maxxing out your space.  There could be some notes in your trash that are accounting for the extra space.  Try emptying your Evernote trash & then sync'ing.

You're right, sorry, I got mixed up with the GB thing.

The desktop clients estimate based upon what the EN servers said you had available, that last time you sync'd, and add in any changes/new notes you've made.  This is to prevent you from unknowingly maxxing out your space.  There could be some notes in your trash that are accounting for the extra space.  Try emptying your Evernote trash & then sync'ing.

I'm still getting the message on the DT client that I'm maxed out, although the web states I have space left. I tried exiting and re-opening the program as well but had no luck.

You're right, sorry, I got mixed up with the GB thing.

The desktop clients estimate based upon what the EN servers said you had available, that last time you sync'd, and add in any changes/new notes you've made.  This is to prevent you from unknowingly maxxing out your space.  There could be some notes in your trash that are accounting for the extra space.  Try emptying your Evernote trash & then sync'ing.

I'm still getting the message on the DT client that I'm maxed out, although the web states I have space left. I tried exiting and re-opening the program as well but had no luck.

Have you checked the trash on your desktop client, as BnF suggested? IF you have a large, unsynced note in there, the desktop client will include that when calculating your upload limit because of the potential that it could be synced (this is often the case when there is a discrepancy between the web and the desktop client in the quota... the web doesn't count your unsynced large note in the trash because it doesn't know it exists because its unsynced). 

Archived