Evernote not Syncing one of my two accounts

Albertina

Hello,

I am running two evernote accounts and presently working on a windows 8.1 computer.

One of my two accounts (I am not a premium user so I log in and out of accounts to manage them)

fails to sync. 

With the account that is failing to sync I can only work on Evernote web, today, and not without some connection problems that manifest only with the evernote web site.

Is anyone experiencing similar syncing problems?

I also manage both accounts from a Mac book and an IMac via software and not EN web, and never have a problem with the syncing.

Syncing problem only appears here on windows 8.1 .

Please help. 

• Level 5*

Hi - did I get it correctly that you have two accounts on the 8.1 computer,  and only one of them is unwilling to sync?  Are there any major differences between the two accounts in numbers of notes,  or database size? 

I and several others have problems related to 8.1,  but that's to do with one account on one machine - if you have one working account it doesn't seem like you have anything similar;  the standard advice is to uninstall and reinstall Evernote - but if you do decide to look into that,  make sure you backup both databases first!

Do please check and save your Activity Log after a sync fail (Help > Activity Log) and please complete a support request (see below) - as a free user you probably won't get much beyond an acknowledgement and a reference,  but it all helps to raise Evernote's awareness that there's a problem here!

Thank you for your advice.

Yes I have two accounts and only one of them is refusing to sync.

I just uninstalled evernote with Revo, then I ran Ccleaner, I reinstalled IE 11, downloaded EN latest software and restarted my computer.

Nothing works.

Also EN Web is not connecting.

Anyone from their support team who will innocently ask if I have checked that my connection is working, I would suggest to come up with a different question....

The password is the same one for both accounts.

The problem only appears today. I don't know whether to relate it to the fact that I am using windows 8.1. 

Until yesterday the syncing was working on one of the two accounts on Windows 8.1. 

I only tried to flip to my other account today and it doesn't work.

I never had problems syncing both accounts (that use same password) until a week ago on Imac.

Why should it be a password problem? And just on windows 8.1?

Today I am using Chrome, the world's largest browser and their web site doesn't work

The bug, I'm ready to believe, is liable to Evernote. 

Thank you,

maybe tomorrow. The support Ticket is not responding either.

Something is wrong with them today. However I tried switching between users on my Android phone and it works.

It all syncs. It's just web EN and the EN software on the computer that have a problem.

(I have one more post left for today).

• Level 5*

Thank you,

maybe tomorrow. The support Ticket is not responding either.

Something is wrong with them today. However I tried switching between users on my Android phone and it works.

It all syncs. It's just web EN and the EN software on the computer that have a problem.

(I have one more post left for today).

It may be your computer/network.  I'm not having any problems right now connecting to Evernote.com and my account on EN Web, and EN Mac and EN iPhone are both syncing fine.

Jmichael, thank you.

How could I be working on my online banking and doing work on my computer via internet if my computer/network wasn't working?

I don't get it. Are you working on a PC windows 8.1 too besides your EN MAc, EN Iphone?

EN DOES work through my android phone and it uses the same internet connection that I am using to talk to you from my computer.

EN DOES NOT work on my computer (only on my windows 8.1 pc). And JUST from today. Crapping out bit by bit: first one account then both then not being able to log on to EN web either. It's been a progression.

Maybe I didn't understand what you mean when you say it might be My computer/network.

• Level 5*

Ah!  "Windows 8" -- well there's your problem.   ;)

(just kidding)

Although I'm mostly a Mac user now, I used Windows for many years.  IMO, Win7 is the best Windows MS ever built.

You did do the std troubleshooting of restarting your Win8 PC, right?

• Level 5*

Thank you for your advice.

Yes I have two accounts and only one of them is refusing to sync.

I just uninstalled evernote with Revo, then I ran Ccleaner, I reinstalled IE 11, downloaded EN latest software and restarted my computer.

Nothing works.

Also EN Web is not connecting.

Anyone from their support team who will innocently ask if I have checked that my connection is working, I would suggest to come up with a different question....

<Ouch> - That would be the First Rule of Computing:  if something's working,  don't mess with it - and the reason why I was holding back from suggesting a full beans reinstall..  Revo tends to nuke the whole installation from orbit (subtle,  it's not) and may have taken out whatever magic information your other account was using to connect.

Difficult to know why a working sync gets destabilised by reinstalling the same app though - and as you already noted,  if you're doing other things online no reason why Evernote shouldn't be able to find a connection too.

Going back to first principles here -

1. do you have Internet Explorer on that machine?  See if you can get web pages through IE.  (For some reason IE and Evernote use the same connection mojo.)
  2. Try syncing both accounts.  In each case when you get a fail,  go to Help > Activity Log and save the log.  You may be able to see from the content that a specific note is causing the problem.
  3. On both accounts clear the Trash notebook and sort out any Conflicting Changes on both the desktop and the web versions of Evernote
  4. If at any stage you get a Fatal Error,  there's a separate log in the warning message - make sure you save that too..
  5. raise your support request and post the ticket number here - maybe we can get someone to look into this for you.

Archived