Help for a kid who inaccurately typed in email address for an account

Joy V

Hi, I am looking for h.elp for my 12 year old student who created an Evernote account to take class notes and used an email as the user name, but typed the email address incorrectly - gmil.com vs. gmail.com.   Then the student forgot the password.  Then couldn't retrieve the password because the response from Evernote was emailed to the incorrect  email address.   Help Help help.  Any ideas?  I have an hysterical kid who can't get science notes for a test that they spent a lot of time on.

Hi, I am looking for h.elp for my 12 year old student who created an Evernote account to take class notes and used an email as the user name, but typed the email address incorrectly - gmil.com vs. gmail.com.   Then the student forgot the password.  Then couldn't retrieve the password because the response from Evernote was emailed to the incorrect  email address.   Help Help help.  Any ideas?  I have an hysterical kid who can't get science notes for a test that they spent a lot of time on.

Thank you . I did do that, but sadly, haven't heard from them yet. But, thank you so much for responding.

Thank you . I did do that, but sadly, haven't heard from them yet. But, thank you so much for responding.

If she set up the Windows or Mac software on her computer, the files should be on the computer. Check out this article: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23186097. I think she should be able to use that software as well without having to sign in. With Evernote I don't ever have to sign in on my verified devices so I'm not sure why she is stuck on the sign in. Maybe she is trying to open her notes on a new device, if so, go back to the device she took them on and check to see if she can access them there. 

There has been reference to Evernote support being nonexistent to free users. You can see this thread for more: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/66103-power-user-discontent-best-alternatives-to-en/page-8#entry304031

So if you are a free user, you may wish to consider upgrading for a month and getting premium support. However, I don't think even Premium folk get support over the weekend, so depending on the test date, that may be too late for you.

I'd get the notes from someone else, and I'd have a talk about forgetting passwords. I have a teen, too, and it seems a lot of that happens in my house. You could consider a password manager like Last Pass. It remembers, you don't. 

Archived