move notes to business

Hi Nelson,

In order for anyone to help, I think some clarification might be in order... ☺

Please forgive me if I'm wrong, but it seems (to me) that as well being new to the forum, that you haven't got much experience with Evernote. In addition to asking you for some clarification so someone here can help you, I've pulled together some info I thought you might find helpful.

I'm not quite sure if you're trying to move Notes between Notebooks, or Notebooks between Accounts...

As in a Note can *not* exist without a Notebook to reside in.

When you upgraded to a Business account, did you start a new, *seperate* account, or upgrade your existing one? If you upgraded as opposed to creating a new account, then moving Notes between your designated Personal and Business Notebooks, should be as simple as selecting and dragging them from one notebook to the other. If, however, you have two accounts, you will need to Import from one to the other.

Exactly how to manipulate your database, depends on what Clients (platforms) you're using, as each app as been adapted to perform based on the operating systems used on each, and you should always include which Client(s) you need help with whenever posting here. I.E.

* Mac

* Windows desktop

* Windows Touch

* IOS

* Android

* Web

So, if you would please clarify which Client(s) your using, then we could be of more assistance to you!

INFO AND RESOURCES:

First, I hope you know that this is a "users helping other users" forum and not an direct route to Evernote support. They do have staff that monitor the forum, but there is no guarantee that anyone from the company will actually respond to individual threads or posts.

Actual EN Tech Support has two options:

* Email, which is initiated by first submitting a ticket via an online contact form.

* Live Chat, which is talking to to Support in *almost* real time via text chat.

The below link takes you to a pinned forum thread that provides full details and links to access both options.

➡ Best Practices: Submitting a Support Ticket:

http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/

In addition to this forum, one of the resources you should know about is the Evernote Knowledge Base (KB), which is a collection of articles and How To videos over at Evernote's company website. You navigate it by using the Search function at the top.

*Warning:* It can be a bit frustrating to find what you need, especially if you're new and don't have much experience with this kind of software. It's definitely not intuitive if your used to paper manuals with a TOC, index and tabs. That said, it has improved significantly in recent months. I looked up and copied some links (below) that I thought might be helpful to you.

➡ First up, a *general* "Getting Started Guide for Evernote":

https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23211851/

➡ Next, we have "FAQs for Business Admins":

https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/28049788/

➡ This link takes you to the "Getting Started for Business Admins Guide":

http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/27800747/

There are also Getting Started Guides for each app. You can find the one(s) applicable to your Clients via the KB Homepage. The right-hand side of the screen hase a menu titled Articles by Device. (Just noticed they seem to have changed that from "client" to "device." Yay!)

Well, that should keep you busy for a few hours...

Hi there 

lots of reading no luck, ill attach a screen shot so that will answer some questions. 

I upgraded, i'm using windows or web, I have been using evernote for about 3 years. 

I have upgraded the pc version, that helps, I can now move a Note from a notebook in Personal to a notebook in business. 

Would be nice to move a notebook  or a notebook stack but I get the deny "Circle with a line through" when i drag a notebook over. 

Nelson

• Level 5*

Hi - can we go back to first principles for a minute?  You've got a Premium personal EN and a separate Business EN - are these two linked in any way?  Business account users have an automatic personal account as well as the shared business stuff.  The notebooks from those accounts should automatically be shown alongside each other - ie you'll see business and personal notebooks in the same Evernote window.

Having a separate account isn't necessarily a problem - you can still share notebooks between the accounts so you see some,  or all of both.

But since you can see all of the notebooks all of the time,  why do you need to move notebooks around?  Not saying that you shouldn't,  or can't do that,  but I'd like to work out the use case we're looking at to see if there's another way to do things.

As it is,  you can't 'move' notebooks.  But you can create another notebook with the same name in another account,  and move or copy the contents of one into another;  or you could export the notes from one notebook (to an ENEX file - check the options you choose carefully...) and then import them into another.

Notebooks are containers for notes,  and are treated differently by the Business notebook than they are by your personal account,  so the notebook code can't simply be copied.  You can (as above) replicate it though,  and copy notes across.

Beware in all this that you're making inroads into your monthly upload limits for both accounts.  It are better to create things in the account they relate to,  rather than set them up in one place (affecting the upload limit) and then move them to another (also denting the upload limit).  Given the current levels of limit,  that shouldn't be a problem;  but it's as well to be aware.

Hope some of that helps...

Archived