What happened to "shortcuts"

one of my favorite features disappeared with the latest update --- shortcuts.     What's up with that??      Very handy feature that i used daily.     Seems a little customer unfriendly which is uncharacteristic for Evernote.    Can you bring it back?   We all make mistakes.   This was a rare one on your part.   I've been a user of Evernote since 2009.     thanks.     Craig

• Level 5

one of my favorite features disappeared with the latest update --- shortcuts.     What's up with that??      Very handy feature that i used daily.     Seems a little customer unfriendly which is uncharacteristic for Evernote.    Can you bring it back?   We all make mistakes.   This was a rare one on your part.   I've been a user of Evernote since 2009.     thanks.     Craig

I think Evernote realized they made a mistake after the upgrade. The newest release lets you bring them back to the tool bar.

If you are running the current version of Evernote Windos - go to >View >Shortcuts.
You can move them from the Left Panel to the Tool Bar.
  • Level 5*

It's generally easier for people to help you if you tell us which Evernote client you are using (Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, web, etc.). Shortcuts are present on the Windows, Android, and web clients.

Thanks all for the help.   i do see the "shortcuts"  on the Mac version on my desktop machine.    but still disappeared (literally as I was watching it) from my iphone 5s and unfortunately that's where i use "shortcuts" 95% of the time.

Any way to get that back?   Thanks.     Craig

In the Evernote app on your iPhone:

Settings>customize Home Screen

and enable "shortcuts" - Optionally, scroll down further to enable "detail" if you want to see some shortcuts on the home screen rather than just the shortcut button. 

You can get to Evernote settings by tapping your name next to the cog wheel in the top left of the Evernote home screen. 

Keep in mind that Shortcuts are one of the last things to sync, so if this is a brand new installation of Evernote on your iPhone, or you have only recently logged in, and this is the first sync, you might not see Shortucts appear for a few minutes. 

Archived