New Behavior in 5.6? New, Scanned Notes Don't Automatically Open

DavidR

Idea

I've been an Evernote (Premium, now Business) user since 2008, and I love it!  I've been using the 5.6 beta for a few weeks, and I like almost every thing about it . . . Except for one new behavior:

Here's the old behavior (since 2008):

I am in my Daily Notes notebook, and decide to scan a document.  I put it in the scanner, press the button, and a few seconds later get a message (ScanSnap Manager) asking if I am finished with my scan.  I click "Finish Scanning", and up comes the note, in a new, Evernote windows.  I can tag it, make a few notes in it, and assign it to a notebook.  If I assign it to Daily Notes, I see it right there in my list of notes.  Very simple and productive.

New behavior:

I am in my Daily Notes notebook, and decide to scan a document.  I put it in the scanner, press the button, and a few seconds later get a message (ScanSnap Manager) asking if I am finished with my scan.  I click "Finish Scanning", and . . . nothing happens.  The note gets created in my default notebook (Inbox), but to get to it, I have to change notebooks, edit the note, and then switch back to Daily Notes to keep organizing there.  Not terrible, but definitely a step back from where I'm used to living with Evernote and ScanSnap!

I'm seeing this behavior using both ScanSnap S300M and S1100i.  

Is this a bug, or just a new behavior?  Is there any way I can get back to the old behavior?

Many thanks in advance!

-David

6 replies to this idea

This new behavior started with the 5.6 betas.  I reported it throughout the beta process for 5.6, but never got a response.  I was hoping it would be resolved in the 5.6 release, but it's not.  

I'm running 5.6.0 (450741 direct) on OS X 10.9.4.

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Hmmn. For a stress free life,  stay away from beta releases..  :(

Have you tried the latest one (out yesterday)?  According to the hype it's got lots of bug fixes.  If that doesn't do the job,  I can only suggest that you try the chat option under support requests (see below) and/ or remove and reinstall your scanner software to see what shakes loose.

Archived