Original Evernote Version 2.2.1 386

I have many notes, clippings, etc. in an old, non 'cloud' version of Evernote (v 2.2.1).  Can I import these items into the version that I now access through Firefox add-on, or indeed straight into the latest web version of Evernote?

This question may have already been asked, but I can find nothing in the immediate history.

• Level 5*

A search of the forums on "import evernote 2" turned up the following: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/20853-conversion-from-old-evernote-files/, among other links. Looks like you'll need to get hold of Evernote 3.1, import into that, and maybe import from 3.1 to a new version. Or something like that; I've never done this before.

• Level 5*

Wow, still using 2.2 ... you have held out longer than most.  Maybe there is a prize available :)

I don't think the earlier EN versions are available any longer at those links, at least I couldn't find them.

Going from v2.2 to current is a multi-step process due to database changes along the way.  It would be best to open a support ticket and ask for the specific instructions.  I'm not sure if this falls under the limited support for free users or not.  If you don't get a response in a reasonable amount of time you might need to go premium for a month to get into the support queue.

• Level 5*

A google search for "Evernote 3.1 download" turned up a link to FileHippo: http://filehippo.com/download_evernote/5147/. FileHipp is legit, as far as I can tell; I use it a lot. The link to the forum topic gives some general discussion as to how to go about moving up through the versions; I'm pretty sure that there's more discussion here on the forums (see my previous post).

• Level 5*

One of the comments in the first link implied that they went from 3.1 -> 3.5 -> 4.x.  This other forum discussion states that 3.5 is not required and you can go direct from 3.1 into 4.x ... I'm not sure if you can go direct from 3.1 into 5.x or not, but if you are so inclined, try the 3.1 download above and give it a try.

Archived