Background uploading

selfishy

Hi, I've moved to the new skitch (after how many years and I'm still calling it the "new" skitch?!) because of the retina support, and decided to give Evernote a try with it. Yes, your evil plan is working! :)

I was excited to have all my Skitch notes automatically in Evernote, but if you have auto-upload on, it actually prevents you from using the app in any sort of convenient way. The steps are:

1. Take a screenshot

2. Have a non-dismissible, non-hidable, can't-even-put-another-app-in-front-of-it window appear with a progress bar for 10-20 seconds

3. Get back to work

When it really should just be 

1. Take a screenshot

2. Keep working

If you made auto-upload happen in the background, then we'd all burn through our upload quota faster (and then have to pay subscription fees). I had a paid subscription to Evernote for three months or so (bought a notebook for it), but didn't see any point. But would be happy to pay for auto-backup of all my Skitch notes - as long as it didn't cost me in time too!

Can you please add that to the radar? Maybe because this stands a chance of making money it'll actually get done?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived