Evernote app crashes when trying to use camera on android phone

Hi - I'm asking this on behalf of one of my students and might not have all the details.

Our class set up accounts yesterday and students were trying features of evernote on their phones. One student has an Android phone, and every time she tried to take a photo, the app failed. I forget the exact error message, but something to the effect of "something went wrong", and asked if she wanted to report the problem. We submitted a report.

I asked the student to delete and reinstall the app, but the problem persisted after the reinstall. 

I'm wondering if this is a known issue? I can't find anything about it in a quick search.

Thanks.

Hi - Checking back.

We tried unchecking the "activate multishot camera" in settings: there is no change. The app doesn't crash, but an error message comes up saying "Unfortunately Evernote has stopped", and no image is captured. We then tried re-checking this option - same story.

Any other ideas? I would really like to get this working for her.

Thanks again.

• Level 5*

Hi again.  More information required please - can you tell us what model phone we're dealing with?  Does it have enough local storage to run most apps?  Evernote seems to run on pretty much everything so it's surprising that it falls over quite so easily.  Try uninstalling the app,  restarting the phone,  and then reinstalling - if there are still problems after that,  get her to submit a support ticket (see below) and post the number back here.  We may be able to get someone to look into it for you...

• 6 months later...

My Penultimate app closes when camera/photo option selected on iPad; never had this happen before.  Have used the app on many occasions when conducting design consultations; makes it easy to take photos of furnishings and record measurements on the same page in the notebook.  Can anyone please advise why this may be happening and if it can be addressed?  I thought about deleting the app and reloading, but don't want to lose my client data.

Thanks.

CherylUDesigns

• Level 5*

Hi.  Do you sync your device with the server?  Can you see your notes via Evernote Web in your browser?  If so,  just uninstalling and reinstalling the app won't affect your notes.

-But if you're reliant on your device for client data I'd recommend you make a local copy of your notes too - do you have Evernote installed on a desktop computer anywhere?

Archived