Eciting on Android Suggestion

Okay, so Evernote have given us an "easier way to edit" on Android, with a little green circle/orb (bottom right), which is great.

How about they FURTHER enhance the editing by giving the ability to tap the green orb, and have the editing point start from wherever one is in the note?

For instance. I have a long note. I scroll down to (near) the end (or even in the middle of a long note). I scroll UP a little, to reveal the editing orb. I tap the orb (to edit). What happens?????  I am taken ALL THE WAY back to the beginning of the note, and then have to FIND and scroll to wherever I wished to insert/edit the note :-(  A little long winded, and difficult to find the insertion point again :-(

I appreciate this may be easier to say, than it is to implement, but come on lads, give it a go  :-))

• Level 5*

I've said this so often now that I'm officially going to make it a motto:

"If it were that easy to do on all the devices,  in all the OS's that Evernote support,  they would have done it already... "

- but fair point,  they might have just not have thought of it.  You've reminded them - watch this space...

Gazumped..

"Oi, Cheeky"!!   ;-)

I appreciate others may have mentioned!, but I 'look at it' in as much as "the more people that mention, would show how many people would like this functionality".

If the vast majority remain silent (can't be bothered to post or whatever), then the requirement becomes less demanding (by numbers) it would seem.

Other apps have functionality to make an insert point, and edit, but obviously not as easy to implement, as it is to "say it".

So, there's my "two bobs worth"  :-)

Now, Gazumped, about this motto of yours....  ;-))

I've said this so often now that I'm officially going to make it a motto:

"If it were that easy to do on all the devices,  in all the OS's that Evernote support,  they would have done it already... "

- but fair point,  they might have just not have thought of it.  You've reminded them - watch this space...

• Level 5*

I appreciate others may have mentioned!, but I 'look at it' in as much as "the more people that mention, would show how many people would like this functionality".

If the vast majority remain silent (can't be bothered to post or whatever), then the requirement becomes less demanding (by numbers) it would seem.

Other apps have functionality to make an insert point, and edit, but obviously not as easy to implement, as it is to "say it".

You're welcome to check out the (lengthy) Linux and Markdown topics here to see if number of people makes much difference. :)

Flip side is you're right -- it doesn't hurt to ask...

Archived