Can Evernote make shared-note editing more like Google Docs?

I'm often working collaboratively on scripts for videos, and love how Google Docs allows multiple individuals to work inside the same document simultaneously. It allows my editor to add his notes to one part of the document while I'm working on another. 

I'm a premium user, so I share notebooks with my editor. But if he makes changes to a doc while I'm also typing in it, we get conflicting changes.

Do others here think that EN should improve this functionality -- and adopt some of the features Google Docs offer?

I'd MUCH rather be doing my collaborative work within Evernote!

• Ex Employees

Welcome to the Forums! 

This is a great request and one that we are definitely interested in. 

In the instance that you do receive a conflict note, the note will be placed into a temporary "Conflicting changes" notebook. You can then view both the local version of the note and the conflicting version from the server and manually apply any changes that couldn't be merged automatically. Once you're satisfied that original version has all of the changes, delete the version in the "Conflicting changes" notebook (as well as the notebook itself, if it's empty).

We hope to have improvements for collaborative editing in upcoming releases! So keep posted :)

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I thought there was now a 'note-locking' feature that warned a user trying to open a note that was already being edited,  that it was in use and suggested the second user try again later - is that still available?  Or maybe a Premium Only option?

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I thought there was now a 'note-locking' feature that warned a user trying to open a note that was already being edited,  that it was in use and suggested the second user try again later - is that still available?  Or maybe a Premium Only option?

Can't guarantee that, though, if devices are offline.

Archived