The generic-note-title bug (for clipped notes) is back.

soundsgoodtome

Idea

I use the Paste to Evernote feature extensively, mainly from web pages, and clipped notes normally inherit their titles from the web page or from the text that's clipped. I often make hundreds of clips from Safari before needing to view the notes. A couple of years ago, I noticed that hundreds of my notes were missing their relevant titles. Instead, they all had the title "Untitled."

Hundreds of notes couldn't be sorted properly because of this. I reported it, then, and eventually the bug was fixed.

Well, it's back. I just noticed, today, that all clipped notes, starting Sept. 11 through the present, have the title "Untitled."

(NOTE: Developers, please confirm that a beta build was pushed out that day. I typically install updates right away — no more than 24 hours after they're pushed to us. That build broke these titles — and subsequent builds (including one today) have not fixed it.

Please, please, please fix this...

4 replies to this idea

If this is regarding the Web Clipper for Safari it's best to post in the Web Clipper forum.

Need to know:

- Safari version 

- Web Clipper version

- OS version. 

At this point we cannot reproduce the problem, clips from Safari Web Clipper get correct titles (except PDF pages where we currently cannot reach the title attribute)

If this is regarding the Web Clipper for Safari it's best to post in the Web Clipper forum.

Need to know:

- Safari version 

- Web Clipper version

- OS version. 

At this point we cannot reproduce the problem, clips from Safari Web Clipper get correct titles (except PDF pages where we currently cannot reach the title attribute)

Thanks for the reply. However, this is not regarding the Web Clipper for Safari. It's regarding the Paste to Evernote command that is a part of the Evernote for Mac application. I've corrected my use of the word "Clip," which was no doubt a source of confusion.

The command is called Paste to Evernote, and the rest of my post is accurate: All notes pasted now have the generic title "Untitled note," instead of a title grabbed from the source that was copied and pasted via the command. I often create many dozens of these clips before needing to refer back to them, and I've discovered that a recent update broke this feature (again), resulting in hundreds of my notes having generic names.

This happened, years ago, and after I reported it, it was eventually fixed. Now we're right back in the same boat. I don't understand how things like this are broken without the programmers noticing it.

I now have hundreds of notes called "Untitled note," and this is devastating. Please, please fix this.

Archived