Unable to login to my Premium account due to 2 Factor Authentication

Dear Evernote Support,

I had 2 Factor Authentication activated on my account few months ago. Unfortunately something went wrong with my iPhone device and I lost the backup codes, and also the 2 Factor Authentication app so now I lost access to my account.

I emailed your support last night seeking their help providing all the information to prove that I am the account owner from full name, ID, passport and also the latest order number in the Premium receipt but apparently your support is too busy to resolve the PREMIUM ACCOUNT TICKETS!

Oh by the way, I tried to request an SMS to be sent to my number but that did not work either, I am not receiving any SMS messages from your service, and believe me I tried more than 10 times but nothing received and unfortunately you don't have a smart system to do an automated call telling me the code. What makes it worse that you got no phone support, and I can't access the Live Support because I have no access to my account.

I can't list here my full details, all I can tell that my user name is mrizk21 on the premium account and that I sent you the support email using mohd.rXXXXX@outlook.com (X is a variable, I am not going to disclose my email here)

Dear Evernote Support,

I had 2 Factor Authentication activated on my account few months ago. Unfortunately something went wrong with my iPhone device and I lost the backup codes, and also the 2 Factor Authentication app so now I lost access to my account.

I emailed your support last night seeking their help providing all the information to prove that I am the account owner from full name, ID, passport and also the latest order number in the Premium receipt but apparently your support is too busy to resolve the PREMIUM ACCOUNT TICKETS!

Oh by the way, I tried to request an SMS to be sent to my number but that did not work either, I am not receiving any SMS messages from your service, and believe me I tried more than 10 times but nothing received and unfortunately you don't have a smart system to do an automated call telling me the code. What makes it worse that you got no phone support, and I can't access the Live Support because I have no access to my account.

I can't list here my full details, all I can tell that my user name is mrizk21 on the premium account and that I sent you the support email using mohd.rXXXXX@outlook.com (X is a variable, I am not going to disclose my email here)

Support for premium users used to claim a reply within one business day.  AFAIK, that has not changed.  You say you 'emailed' support.  Email is not the correct venue.  You need to submit a support ticket.  (See my signature.)

Dear Evernote Support,

Support for premium users used to claim a reply within one business day.  AFAIK, that has not changed.  You say you 'emailed' support.  Email is not the correct venue.  You need to submit a support ticket.  (See my signature.)

It was a support ticket actually not an email. I just used an incorrect term, sorry for that.

Hi. I'm looking at the dates and times of your posts and am wondering if maybe you opened your ticket while Evernote was closed. Their hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Pacific Time. So is it possible you contacted them while it was still Sunday their time?

I don't know what time zone the forum uses, so the above is just a guess on my part.

Believe it or not. It's been over 5 days I am locked out of my account and Evernote Support did nothing. All they did is reply asking if I still have the same phone number, I then replied saying yes I do still use the same one on the same carrier on the same phone. They then emailed notifying me telling me that they will transfer the ticket to their technical support team, that was 3 days ago and till now I got NOTHING!

I know it might not be Evernote's fault, maybe it's my phone that crashed causing me to lose the two factor authentication app, maybe it's also my carrier's fault as it apparently blocked Evernote servers from texting their customers probably because Evernote is relying on a small ISP that is linked to many spam texts. I am not asking Evernote for much, I am not even asking for a refund for the premium or a compensation for not being able to access my account all that time because again it can't be Evernote's fault.

All I am asking for is getting access back to my account. Is this really the PREMIUM FAST support you advertise for the Premium memberships? Really? About 5 days locked out of my account and you call it a premium support? I was also locked of my World of Warcraft account, Blizzard the developer behind it unlocked my account in less than 30 minutes after sending them a photo of my ID, Passport and all my details. Blizzard is a game company that doesn't necessarily has to offer such high quality support, unlike Evernote that is actually a tool we use in our daily life for college, work and many other things.

It's not 2010, 2011 or any other year when Evernote didn't have any competitors. There are so many alternatives now. I select Evernote out of them because I liked everything about it, but currently your support isn't doing you a favor in the competition!

Believe it or not. It's been over 5 days I am locked out of my account and Evernote Support did nothing. All they did is reply asking if I still have the same phone number, I then replied saying yes I do still use the same one on the same carrier on the same phone. They then emailed notifying me telling me that they will transfer the ticket to their technical support team, that was 3 days ago and till now I got NOTHING!

I know it might not be Evernote's fault, maybe it's my phone that crashed causing me to lose the two factor authentication app, maybe it's also my carrier's fault as it apparently blocked Evernote servers from texting their customers probably because Evernote is relying on a small ISP that is linked to many spam texts. I am not asking Evernote for much, I am not even asking for a refund for the premium or a compensation for not being able to access my account all that time because again it can't be Evernote's fault.

All I am asking for is getting access back to my account. Is this really the PREMIUM FAST support you advertise for the Premium memberships? Really? About 5 days locked out of my account and you call it a premium support? I was also locked of my World of Warcraft account, Blizzard the developer behind it unlocked my account in less than 30 minutes after sending them a photo of my ID, Passport and all my details. Blizzard is a game company that doesn't necessarily has to offer such high quality support, unlike Evernote that is actually a tool we use in our daily life for college, work and many other things.

It's not 2010, 2011 or any other year when Evernote didn't have any competitors. There are so many alternatives now. I select Evernote out of them because I liked everything about it, but currently your support isn't doing you a favor in the competition!

This is a user's message board.  The person you are addressing is not an Evernote employee.  Most of the people on this board are not Evernote employees.  The ones who are have a profile that states they are an employee.

This is a user's message board.  The person you are addressing is not an Evernote employee.  Most of the people on this board are not Evernote employees.  The ones who are have a profile that states they are an employee.

I know that too, and I know that posting here probably won't help get access to my account but at least others browsing the web in future will know how slow Evernote support is when it comes to solving this issue.

Archived