Evernote Re-Install after Drive Clone

chrisa52

Hi. .. I really need some help getting Evernote working.

1. I cloned my hard drive to an SSD

2. My machine runs fine, but Evernote for whatever reason hangs on sync during exit.

3. After Searching around, I found from several sources that the source was apparently the 'new' drive.

4. I've tried un-installing re-installing evernote; no sucess

After re-install, Evernote runs for a while, tries to sync; Blows up at 500 notes (everytime).

I get a popup box (3 at a time) : "Evernote.exe 5.6.4.4632 has encountered a problem and needs to close. . ." etc.

After I re-start Evernote again, the same errors.

Log Files - from 3 popu p windows (attached)

exc52F.txt

exc716.txt

exc8BD.txt

Anyone have any suggestions? Is there a registry cleanup or Evernote un-install program that I can run?

Thanks. ..

exc52F.txt

exc716.txt

exc8BD.txt

• Level 5*

Sounds like a complex problem.  I recommend that you submit an EN Support Ticket (see link below).

If you are not a Premium account owner, EN probably won't respond.  So, if it's important to you, you may want to upgrade to a Premium account for one month ($5) so you can get Evernote support.

One guess I have, is that Evernote is getting confused over what is your primary hard drive.  I know it won't work when EN installed on an external drive.

If you still have the old hard drive in your PC, you might try taking it out so that the SSD is the ONLY drive your PC sees.

Thanks for the advice and the links!. . the SSD drive replaced a HD on a laptop. There is no other drive on the system.

I've got a premium account I haven't activated yet, sounds like I'll have to report it after I activate..

thx

• Level 5*

Your experience sounds like a recent one of mine - no SSD,  but a new install onto Win 8.1 which crashes with a 'Fatal Error' -in my case at around 100 notes.  I've done the Revo thing with no improvement,  but please don't let that stop you trying..  it may work in this case.  I'm just waiting on a Support response (I'm already premium) and looking into other options so if there's anything useful I'll pass it on.  Let us know how you get on - maybe we can find a fix between us!

OK. . I found my old drive and copied the entire Database foder: C:\Users\_USERNAME_\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote

from the original to the new drive. I actually renamed the exiting Database folder. ..

I think the registry cleanup from Revo, did the trick, and the old database was found completely. Sync ran to conclusion and notes from the last few days were  propagare.

Thanks all. ..

@ csihilling - My new drive was a Samsung Evo 840, and yes I used the manufacturer's clone software. Seemed to work just fine, including NOT having to re-authorize Windows 8. . .

Evenote has been the only problem I've encoundered so far.

Archived