Saw an app on my iPhone, can't recall name, can't find here.

pat71896

:blink: I get so off task that I find myself a zillion places away from my initial issue.  I am probably the only one in the Universe who does that - Drat Pinterest.

I was working on my iPhone with EN, (my shorthand for Evernote) and it said that there was an app for web clippings direct to Evernote.  Naturally, I wandered away and now I can't remember the name nor can I find it here.

At one time, I remember right clicking on something on the Net and it would let me send something directly to EN.  I don't find that any more.  Perhaps I was imagining/dreaming?

BTW, I wish I could figure out how to get back to something on my iPhone - And, I wish I could find EN Notebooks/Notes easier.  Traversing EN for my reading is not easy. I seem to have very few options showing.  A tip for that would be nice.

Anyone have any thoughts? I will say thank you if you can help. . . . :)

Geeze - How can I upload to My Media (icon on middle of top row.)

Pat

• Level 5*

[1] I was working on my iPhone with EN, (my shorthand for Evernote) and it said that there was an app for web clippings direct to Evernote.  Naturally, I wandered away and now I can't remember the name nor can I find it here.

[2] At one time, I remember right clicking on something on the Net and it would let me send something directly to EN.  I don't find that any more.  Perhaps I was imagining/dreaming?

[3] BTW, I wish I could figure out how to get back to something on my iPhone - And, I wish I could find EN Notebooks/Notes easier.  Traversing EN for my reading is not easy. I seem to have very few options showing.  A tip for that would be nice.

Pat, you seem to have 3 questions.  I have prefixed each (in the above quote) with the Q# in brackets.

[1]:  There are a number of 3rd party iOS apps that will clip to Evernote.  I use Clever, EverClip, EverClipper.

You might try a Google search on "evernote ios web clipper"

[2]: If you right-click in a blank area on any web page, you should see a context menu for "Evernote Web Clipper", if you are on a PC or Mac, and have the Evernote Clipper installed for that Browser.

[3]:  The EN iOS app does not really offer any navigation aids.  The best I can offer is to use the search, Notebook filter, and Tag filter to narrow your note list, and then the sort feature to order the results list.

Just to add to what JM has said, there is no official web clipper for Evernote on iOS. There are third party web clippers that work in a somewhat clumsy way, and JM has mentioned some of the better and more popular ones. 

Things might change in the coming weeks when Apple releases iOS 8 and Evernote hopefully builds out an "extension" using the new iOS 8 features. 

Thank you both.  Several of the main sites I use daily have changed their layouts and I am having difficulty finding things.  I know EN will help me with this problem.

I have recommended EN to so many people. 

I just have a recollection of being on the Net, right clicking my mouse and seeing a 'send to Evernote' or something like that.  I don't believe I added a third party item but I may have via a deception. This would have been for the Windows to EN, not iOS. 

I actually can remember when computers/systems/devises were not so complex.  Geeze, I even remember some DOS.  B)

It is OK that EN does not have a direct link, it just seems like an obvious feature.  Then again, I think it is obvious that Justin Beiber is a total idiot.

Thanks again, I appreciate your responses.  Pat

THANK YOU!!  This was exactly what I was looking for.  I had tried 'web clipper' and 'web download' in the search.  I am not sure why I did not find it with the 'web clipper.'  Do I have to use the Evernote name in the beginning?  That seems odd to me.

Thanks again, I am a delighted woman now - well, when I am rich, I will be more delighted.

Pat

• Level 5*

THANK YOU!!  This was exactly what I was looking for.  I had tried 'web clipper' and 'web download' in the search.  I am not sure why I did not find it with the 'web clipper.'  Do I have to use the Evernote name in the beginning?  That seems odd to me.

Thanks again, I am a delighted woman now - well, when I am rich, I will be more delighted.

Pat

Pat, in my original post I referenced "Evernote Clipper".  A google search for that exact phrase returns a link to the Evernote Web Clipper at the top of the list.   ;)

Google is your friend.   :)

Archived