Dictation Commands

I am dictating into Evernote on my Samsung 4.  It's going well, but it would be helpful if there were a published list of commands.

I am able to use "new line," "period," "comma," and "dash" but I can't figure out a way to have "quote" result in ".  The note is going to be copied into a Word document, so I can do a search and replace as a workaround, but it sure would be better if I could just get " in the dictation. Any suggestions of how do do this or where to find a comprehensive list of voice commands?

Thanks in advance

I do a lot of dictation on my iPhone... And previously used software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking. It seems to be a standard thing across all devices and platforms that you can get quotes by speaking the command, "Open Quote..... Close Quote". Works for me. Say it as if it were one word. Same goes for parentheses. The list of dictation commands we need are really quite limited.

The other popular commands would be, "Caps On.... Caps Off" and "ALL CAPS ON... ALL CAPS OFF". Other than that, do a Google search for dictation commands for your specific model. That should do the trick.

Frank,

Thanks for the reply.  I have tried "Open Quote" etc. and it doesn't work. I have also searched for Android commands and came up empty.  I saw some discussions about Dragon from the Google Play Store, but that doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for.  I guess I'll just have to keep looking and trying.  Thanks again.

Archived