WARNING: You have unsynchronized notes.

ncACTU

Idea

I have a new android, and when I installed Evernote there only showed old notes. On my old phone, I checked and apparently it had not synced for a long time - perhaps a password change on the main site or something.

So, I want to sync my changes from my old Android. But, when I try to sign out so I can use newer credentials, I receive an error: "WARNING: You have unsynchronized notes. Logging out will delete all local information and your changes will be lost. Do you want to sign out?"

I do not want to lose these local changes, I want them uploaded with the new password. Any way to do this? The account info in settings is greyed out, and there seems no place to update a password to initiate a new sync.

I should add that at the status screen on the old android it says "Authenticaiotn error".

3 replies to this idea

I have a new android, and when I installed Evernote there only showed old notes. On my old phone, I checked and apparently it had not synced for a long time - perhaps a password change on the main site or something.

So, I want to sync my changes from my old Android. But, when I try to sign out so I can use newer credentials, I receive an error: "WARNING: You have unsynchronized notes. Logging out will delete all local information and your changes will be lost. Do you want to sign out?"

I do not want to lose these local changes, I want them uploaded with the new password. Any way to do this? The account info in settings is greyed out, and there seems no place to update a password to initiate a new sync.

I should add that at the status screen on the old android it says "Authenticaiotn error".

I think you should be able to email them to yourself. 

• Level 5*

Am I right that you have two phones,  both logged into the same account,  but one has an old password and the other has a new one?  Is it possible that they're logged into different accounts?  Have you checked on the website via Evernote.com on a desktop to verify what notes have been saved to the server?

Your problem seems to be that the old phone is still logged in,  but can't sync because it doesn't use the correct authentication.  Email and share are blocked for the same reason.  

Have you tried changing the password back to the one the old phone uses?

Your only other option may be to save as much as you can of your old notes by taking pics of the screen display on the old phone to save the notes in the database.

Archived