Can't define new password for encryption

FirePanther

Idea

Hi,

when I click on the "encrypt selected text" (i have the german version, i cant quote exactly) I get asked for a password (?) and when I write this password for what Ive been asked, the new password for the new text selection is an old password for anything else.

I cant define new passwords, even when I try it in other notes, Evernote asks me everytime for the same password, instead of giving me the "Create" gui.

kind regards

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi - In the Windows client,  the encryption feature isn't exactly a fully-featured option.  Last I used it,  I believe it would accept any password to encrypt a new note,  but once that password was in place,  the only option was to delete the content and its encryption and replace it with 'new' content to change it.

• Level 5*

So can you delete the unencrytped text and replace it with new characters?  What happens if you type a new password in the dialogue you see?  (Just remember that if you do manage to change the password,  you'll still have to quote the old password to unencrypt anything you used it on..)

Archived