Business Cards Android & Windows

Hello,

I am trying to make better use of Evernote at work and would like to try using it for business cards. I would be using it between my android phone and windows PC. I know the android app has not come out with the business card reader yet but can anyone give any tips on storing/searching business cards with the current android and windows apps?

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi - with the Android app you can use the document camera, which will crop out contrasting background from a picture,  and capture both sides of a card if necessary. EN's OCR will get the details on the card,  though it's better to add some keywords;  I use 'contact - <name> - <company>' as a title so I can find all contacts / specific names / all contacts at one company.  If I ever need to use a name and address for any reason I'll add that to the note manually.  

The display tends to the MASSIVE for a small card, so don't show off your contact system to customers unless you've viewed it yourself first.

The notes are in my default notebook,  like 97%+ of all my notes,  but you could have a 'contacts' notebook if you want...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

I read somewhere that it would be coming,  but I'm on the beta track and haven't seen it yet...  Evernote tend not to comment on such things (but they often weigh in just after I say something like that,  so you never know...)

Archived