Tagging behavior changed with new Windows desktop update?

SahilC

Hello EN community!

I just updated my Windows desktop app to the latest version. Now, suppose I want to tag a note "2-Today", the autofill brings up "#2-Imp" and "archived2014" as well, even though the other ones don't start with the number 2. 

Is this a new behavior, or is it just me?

Is there a way to turn this off? My frequently used tags all start with a unique set of characters so that I can quickly add new notes. This new behavior is a huge headache as I know have to individually select a tag instead of just tabbing after typing the two letters that start the tag.

• Level 5*

Not that I have figured out yet. The best "workaround" requires 2 monitors - open the note on one, then on the other click on the tags button in the left panel (I wish it could be added to the favorites list), and then I can use the first 2 characters in the search bar to get a better focus. Definitely not easy, and not intuitive. Grrr!

Is there a way to turn this off? My frequently used tags all start with a unique set of characters so that I can quickly add new notes. This new behavior is a huge headache as I know have to individually select a tag instead of just tabbing after typing the two letters that start the tag.

Same here!

• Level 5*

Not that I have figured out yet. The best "workaround" requires 2 monitors - open the note on one, then on the other click on the tags button in the left panel (I wish it could be added to the favorites list), and then I can use the first 2 characters in the search bar to get a better focus. Definitely not easy, and not intuitive. Grrr!

PITA for sure.  Best method for me is to type from the beginning until last tag standing.  Used to be able to get to statement in st and enter, now it takes statem and enter, (or down arrow when Statement appears).  More aggravating is the fact that you can't select a tag from the drop unless it starts with the letters you have typed.  If you do select one of the others you create a new tag of whatever letters typed to that point.  That makes no sense.

EDIT:  I'm copying this into a trouble ticket.  TIcket #717773.

• Level 5*

Here is the response to the above mentioned trouble ticket.  The old it's a bug and closing your ticked ticket story, but at least an offer to notify should it get fixed.  Oh well.

Cal,

Thank you for your patience. I appreciate you taking the time to work
with me as we work through this. You are correct in that this is a bug. I
reported it to our product team for resolution. I’m not sure when the
issue will be resolved.

I’m going to close your ticket. If you would like, I can notify you when
your issue has been fixed and scheduled for release.

I encourage you to continue updating Evernote as new versions are
released. Please keep checking the product forum
betas and releases.

Here is the response to the above mentioned trouble ticket.  The old it's a bug and closing your ticked ticket story, but at least an offer to notify should it get fixed.  Oh well.

Cal,

Thank you for your patience. I appreciate you taking the time to work
with me as we work through this. You are correct in that this is a bug. I
reported it to our product team for resolution. I’m not sure when the
issue will be resolved.

I’m going to close your ticket. If you would like, I can notify you when
your issue has been fixed and scheduled for release.

I encourage you to continue updating Evernote as new versions are
released. Please keep checking the product forum
betas and releases.

These responses are too predictable and getting old!

Archived