Could Scandrop or (another third party App) once more be operative with Evernote, particularly to split PDF's?

cskennedy

Hi,

Scandrop, a Third party app, that used to work with Evernote is apparently out of business.  Is the original company, or another company considering reviving this great app that has a built in upload to Evernote?  It was so easy to use my Brother scanner and Scandrop to activate my scanner, (or take a screenshot) , rotate images/scans, crop, delete parts of the scan, split and join pages, and upload to Evernote in one fell swoop!  I really miss having the ability to load in a number of unrelated documents into the sheet feeder of the scanner and then use Scandrop to split the PDF files into separate notes that I can upload to Evernote.  Or, is Evernote contemplating a new feature that will allow the user to split a batch of unrelated scanned documents into separate notes easily?

Failing that, is there another App that will allow me to use my current scanner (Brother MFC J43OW) to easily split unrelated PDF documents into separate notes in Evernote such as what one does when scanning batches of documents i the quest to go "paper free" ?  The Adobe Acrobat Pro software I have is just too tedious to contemplate using for splitting docs easily and then sending them to Evernote. 

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote don't announce upcoming releases, and app developers don't tend to share their plans either,  so no-one can guess whether or when anything similar might be available.  I have Acrobat too,  and it works OK to split a document into separate pages - not convenient by any means,  but probably as good as you'll get at the moment.  

There are apps out there that do something similar - try an internet search for your OS.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Scandrop, a Third party app, that used to work with Evernote is apparently out of business.  Is the original company, or another company considering reviving this great app that has a built in upload to Evernote?  It was so easy to use my Brother scanner and Scandrop to activate my scanner, (or take a screenshot) , rotate images/scans, crop, delete parts of the scan, split and join pages, and upload to Evernote in one fell swoop!  I really miss having the ability to load in a number of unrelated documents into the sheet feeder of the scanner and then use Scandrop to split the PDF files into separate notes that I can upload to Evernote.  Or, is Evernote contemplating a new feature that will allow the user to split a batch of unrelated scanned documents into separate notes easily?

Failing that, is there another App that will allow me to use my current scanner (Brother MFC J43OW) to easily split unrelated PDF documents into separate notes in Evernote such as what one does when scanning batches of documents i the quest to go "paper free" ?  The Adobe Acrobat Pro software I have is just too tedious to contemplate using for splitting docs easily and then sending them to Evernote. 

Thanks!

I hear you. I'm also on the look out because my workflow is now broken without ScanDrop. Please, keep me posted if you encounter an alternative.

Hi.  Evernote don't announce upcoming releases, and app developers don't tend to share their plans either,  so no-one can guess whether or when anything similar might be available.  I have Acrobat too,  and it works OK to split a document into separate pages - not convenient by any means,  but probably as good as you'll get at the moment.  

There are apps out there that do something similar - try an internet search for your OS.

Helpful post

Archived