Why Is Skitch Resizing Crop When Saving?

bilerico

When I take a snap of something on my screen, Skitch is automatically blowing into a size that's twice the original snap. When I crop it and resize it back down to what I want, it looks normal. But when I go to save it, it automatically saves a version that's twice as big as I'd like. It doesn't matter whether or not I click/unclick the "Drag out at original size" box above the drag tab. If I click it, it automatically reverts back to the huge snap it did in the beginning (which isn't actually the original size of the snap). If I leave it unchecked it says it's dragging the right version, but when I open the file it's still the huge version. This has only started happening recently.

Why won't it just take the snap in the original size of the screen item being captured? How can I save the snap to the size I actually want?

For example, this snap I took is from a YouTube video. The video is 640 pixels wide. It saved the snap at 1280 originally. I cropped it a bit and set it to 600x331. It will only save this version - which is 1200x662.

post-220053-0-25217200-1409757887_thumb.

Hi,

Are you on a retina MBP? Assuming you are, what you are experiencing is the difference between points and pixels. It isn't actually doubling the number of pixels, it is just displaying as if it were on a non retina screen.

Lester

Archived