One member, two Evernote ID's

I don't know how  managed it but, as a newbie, I downloaded Evenote, later I got an email inviting me to put it on my PC so I could sync the two, I downloaded and installed on my PC but when I tried to synce, they wouldn't sync. It was then that I noticed the two user ID's

Sounds like the best option is to just pick one account and stick with that. You can deactivate the second, unused account if you like. 

As to why this happens, I think it has something to do with the log-in flow in the Desktop application. The default is to start in the "Sign up" pane, rather than the log-in pane. If, while moving quickly, you happened to type in a secondary email address and password into the sign up fields by mistake (since "sign up" is the default display, rather than "log in"), you'd have ended up with a second account rather than a note saying that the account doesn't exist had it actually been a login screen. 

If you created notes in the unwanted account you can export them as a .enex file, log out of the unwanted account, log into the correct account, and import the .enex file. 

Archived