How to Move Multiple Tags Simultaneously?

EnTomGem

I am trying to move several tags simultaneously in order to nest them under a parent tag. To use the image below as an example, the goal is to nest Child Tags 4, 5, and 6 under .Parent Tag, so as to be at the same level of hierarchy as Child Tags 1, 2, 3.

post-219887-0-50525900-1409690629_thumb.

Problem is, while it's possible to select multiple tags at the same time (using CTRL), Evernote moves only a single tag when I drag-and-drop them on .Parent Tag. I have a large number of tags that I'm hoping to re-categorize/nest in this manner, so needless to say it would be very tedious to move them piecemeal. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• Level 5*

You can do this sort of thing in the Tags panel, at least it worked for me in the 5.6.3.4531 Prerelease (a beta version). Click on the Tags header in the left panel, and the main window will turn into the Tags panel. Drag'n'drop to your heart's content.

• Level 5*

Actually I just learned that just now myself. I could see that it didn't work with the tag list, but thought I'd try it with the tag panel, just for an easy test. And lo, it worked!

Archived