Calibri Font Does Not Look Good

codersteve

Idea

I have OneNote for the Mac, by default it uses the font Calibri, 11point. It looks awesome in OneNote. Really, really nice.

Yet, when I go into Evernote and set the default font as Calibri, 11 point, it looks terrible, and also too small (unlike OneNote). I tried to up it to 14 point, which makes it bigger but still looks terrible. No matter what I set the point size too it doesn't compare to OneNote.

Why is it that Evernote can't render the font the same as OneNote? Microsoft is obviously doing something well.

I suspect the answer is there's nothing I can do about it; but I wish Evernote would find out whatever Microsoft did and do the same.

Another question: is there a font I can use in Evernote that does look really good, or am I stuck with Arial (not that Arial is terrible). I know there's a whole bunch installed on my machine, but I really don't feel like going through them all.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

Another question: is there a font I can use in Evernote that does look really good, or am I stuck with Arial (not that Arial is terrible). I know there's a whole bunch installed on my machine, but I really don't feel like going through them all.

IMO, Verdana is THE best screen font.  It is by a long shot the easiest to read font on a screen, Win or Mac.  

It seems to be installed by default on all Win and Mac systems, renders very well, is very easy to read, and, for a given font size, is slightly larger.  I have also found that using Verdana 14 as my default Evernote Mac font results in text that is displayed very well not only on my Mac but also on my iOS devices (iPhone, iPad).  It's been a while, but as I remember it also displays very well on EN Win.

By the way, I tried out Calibri 11pt in EN Mac and Word 2011 Mac, as well as OneNote Mac.  You're right, it displays much better in OneNote than the other apps.  However, Calibri 14pt rendered very well in both EN and Word.

It is a shame that OneNote Mac will NOT allow the user to set a different default font or to change any of the built-in Styles.

Archived