Searching for notes containing an email address

Hi,

I tried to search my notebooks for all notes where an email address occurs in the text. Only thing that came to my mind was to search for the @-sign,

as this is the one "character" every email address contains. Unfortunately this didn't work, presumably because the @ is some kind of command or a special character?

Any workaround here which would allow me to search for the @, or any other way how to "detect" email addresses in notes?

Thanks for help.

Best regards

LaLoba

Hi,

I tried to search my notebooks for all notes where an email address occurs in the text. Only thing that came to my mind was to search for the @-sign,

as this is the one "character" every email address contains. Unfortunately this didn't work, presumably because the @ is some kind of command or a special character?

Any workaround here which would allow me to search for the @, or any other way how to "detect" email addresses in notes?

Thanks for help.

Best regards

LaLoba

I'm interested to know how you search for notes that contain a keyword that is a number.

For example, say that I am searching for an invoice that contains the amount 1,345. The search engine seems to treat the comma as a space and finds notes that have a "1" and "345".

Thanks

You can't. Evernote "words" are consecutive letters, numbers & the underscore. Everything else is a delimiter. You can try enclosing in quotes like "1,345" but based on my personal experience & postings on this board, that is iffy.

• Level 5*

Hi,

Thanks for help.

Best regards

LaLoba

Workaround.  Since @ won't work you could try the domain name and com.  For example, gmail com should get you a set of notes to browse with gmail addresses in them.  Repeat for other domain names.  You can also search for multiple domain names using the Any parameter, gmail yahoo com, but the results here may include notes only containing a word beginning with com and muddy the results a bit.  FWIW.

Archived