REQUEST: Evernote (PC) shortcut suggestion...

R e i

hey would really like to see this great tool to comply with some nerdy PC standards :P

1 - ESC on main window -> hide the main application (and leave Alt + F4 to alone for actually quitting terminating the application!!)

2 - Add an global shortcut to be able to bring up the main application -- in complement of "New Note" that brings up a new blank note. From time to time I think very necessary to still do some sorting in the main interface and I don't want to use my evil mouse..

3 - shortcut to delete a note from the note window: say, I am scribbling (typing), I change my mind and think I can trash this. In outlook you can do Shift + Del, to delete this draft. Again in EN we have to mouse and click the trash icon.. 

That's all for now. 

I think every PC nerd would love these shortcuts : ) 

Re point 3 - ironically in another thread we have a great number of users objecting to how easy it is to delete a note with the Del key on the keyboard.

Evernote developers - you can't please all the people all of the time.

P.S. Do you really write so many junk notes that the effort of moving the mouse to delete them is too much?

• Level 5*

Re point 3 - ironically in another thread we have a great number of users objecting to how easy it is to delete a note with the Del key on the keyboard.

Evernote developers - you can't please all the people all of the time.

P.S. Do you really write so many junk notes that the effort of moving the mouse to delete them is too much?

With millions of users, there is of course going to be users who have different preferences.

The simple solution is to provide Preferences/Options setting that allow each user to set his/her preference.

I don't know which post you referring to but that sounds like an issue of bad focusing.

i.e. when you think you were just editing the text... You are on selection of a note by some weird default. 

Shouldn't be confused with if a shortcut makes sense no?

Archived