Notes do not sync in iOs... Help?

Hi all,

I am sorry if I repeat previous posts but couldn't find a solution by using EN's help or searching this site either.

So obviously I am new and stunned by the problem that my notebooks sync between my Macs and iOs (iPhone), however the notes do not. Could someone please help or direct my to a post that has already explained this? 

Thanks a lot!

Alex

Hi all,

I am sorry if I repeat previous posts but couldn't find a solution by using EN's help or searching this site either.

So obviously I am new and stunned by the problem that my notebooks sync between my Macs and iOs (iPhone), however the notes do not. Could someone please help or direct my to a post that has already explained this? 

Thanks a lot!

Alex

I have the sync set to 15 minutes on my notebooks (EN starts with the GUI) and have no idea how the mobile version works. It sure does not seem to work the way I would expect any time I have used it. I don't use it much.When I noticed the note had disappeared, I turned off sync on the notebook and checked the web, but it appeared that the note was gone there, too.

It's very simple. The EN servers (IE web client) are the "source of all truths." Any changes made on one device need to be sync'd up to the EN servers before those changes are accessible from the web client or any other device/computer. If you make any changes with the web client, you are changing the EN servers directly, so no sync (up) is involved. Any changes made to the EN servers need to be sync'd down to any other computer/device before they are accessible from that device/computer.If you create/modify a note on a desktop/laptop & then shut down w/o it getting sync'd to the EN servers, that note will not show up on the web client or be sync'd down to any other devices/computers UNTIL, you then start up the desktop/laptop & have EN running long enough to do an auto sync or you force a sync. The best way around this is to manually sync the laptop/desktop if you're going to be using another computer/device before the next auto sync or are shutting that computer down/hibernating/etc. I don't know about all mobile clients, but AFAIK, the iPhone client only syncs when you first start the program or make a change/add a note. (It tells you it's sync'ing.) So if you make a change on a desktop but it's not sync'd to the EN servers yet, then start the iPhone client, the desktop changes will not sync down to the iPhone. If you remain in the iPhone client while the desktop sync's the changes up, you would need to manually sync the iPhone client to get the changes down to the iPhone.

Thanks, BurgerNFries,

the only BUT I have is that I had already synced to the EN server which I checked on my second desktop. AND I did manually repeat the sync on my iPhone. For whatever reason, the iPhone shows the EN notebooks but not the notes. I guess it is the ghost in the machine...

Cheers

Alex

• Level 5*

To be clear, the EN Web client is NOT the source of sync'd Notes.  It is just one more EN client.  Errors in the EN Web Client could result in an incorrect Note list.

The EN Service/Cloud is the official repository of all sync'd notes.  All clients sync with it.

I'd suggest that you submit an EN Support Ticket (see below).

To be clear, the EN Web client is NOT the source of sync'd Notes. It is just one more EN client. Errors in the EN Web Client could result in an incorrect Note list.

The EN Service/Cloud is the official repository of all sync'd notes. All clients sync with it.

I'd suggest that you submit an EN Support Ticket (see below).

To be clear (and correct), the Evernote web client IS the Evernote Service/cloud and is indeed the "official repository of all sync'd notes". It is NOT just "'one more EN client". That is why there no sync on the web client.

How to Do a Manual Sync in Evernote Web Client

I rarely use the EN Web client. Today I was trying to test a syncing issue, and I could not find any way on the EN Web client to do a manual sync. Surely it's there -- what am I missing?

I need to create/change a Note on one of the other EN clients, sync that client, and then verify that the change show up in the EN Web client.

BTW, I did a google search and found many issues about syncing on the Web client, and found the EN official "How to Use Evernote" page. Nowhere did I see how to do a manual sync.

But maybe I just missed it.

The web client has no sync button b/c you're looking at the live EN database on the EN servers. If you've sync'd something from another computer/device, then you simply refresh the browser. I do this all the time. It works fine.

Again, thanks for your replies.

I was able to resolve the issue by de-installing and re-installing EN on my iPhone (iOS 7.1.2). WHAT? You didn't do this already?? I actually did before my first post but had to repeat it twice to succeed. I tested all ways to synchronize now, be it manually or automatically. Mac's and iPhone all sync perfectly to the EN web server, all my machines are synced. 

Thanks anyways!

• 2 years later...
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, greya166 said:

how can I get my notes from my old mobile onto my new one? I've downloaded the app but none of my content is there.

Evernote doesn't maintain much of a notes database on mobile devices - the data is retrieved from the Internet

You should see your account data if you're connected and using the same account id

Archived