My previous post is missing

• Level 5*

Hmm, my previous post from yesterday (8/28/14) seems to be missing. Perhaps I said something somebody didn't like? Is this a common occurrence?

Since it was specific to a particular version of Evernote, rather than a general Evernote question, I moved it to a more appropriate subforum, You should get notice when someone replies to your topic.

• Level 5*

Bad person sometimes often forgets that bit.

My assumption was that people who start a new topic are automatically set up to "follow" the topic, that is, get notifications for the topic. Maybe that's not a good assumption; if that's the case, then you could click on the "Follow this topic" button at the upper right. Forum notifications are configurable in your profile; maybe you're set up to get a digest rather than immediate notification.

Anyways, sorry for the confusion there.

Phil,

Thanks, that was easy. I use many forums but this one is unlike any I have seen. Is there also a way to see only Windows 8 topics? I can't seem to find a Windows 8 section, perhaps it is a filter but I can't find that either.

• Level 5*

Phil,

Thanks, that was easy. I use many forums but this one is unlike any I have seen. Is there also a way to see only Windows 8 topics? I can't seem to find a Windows 8 section, perhaps it is a filter but I can't find that either.

There's an explicit filter on the Evernote forum, under Categories. Globally, you can search for specific tags in the forum search (the little 'gear' icon at the top right)

Jeff,

Thanks, searching for the tag "windows 8" worked great.

Now, how should I have posted my original post. I did tag it "win8" and apparently that wasn't the correct tag. I later tried to change the tag to "Windows 8" but I couldn't figure out how. If I had used the "Windows 8" tag and posted my message in the General section would it have automatically been moved? Or, are they not actually moved since there doesn't seem to be a Windows 8 section--just a windows 8 filter? 

Also, is there a list of tags currently in use?

Ok, I now have found that I should have posted it under "Products, Evernote, Categories-Windows 8". And I note that it doesn't have to have a "Windows 8" tag in order to appear here, but I suppose it should have that tag for filtering reasons.

As I mentioned this forum is way different than all the others I use. Sorry for all the questions.

• Level 5*

Ok, I now have found that I should have posted it under "Products, Evernote, Categories-Windows 8". And I note that it doesn't have to have a "Windows 8" tag in order to appear here, but I suppose it should have that tag for filtering reasons.

As I mentioned this forum is way different than all the others I use. Sorry for all the questions.

No problem; some of it's a little puzzling to me, too.

Archived