Important note missing, premiun account(view history)didn't help history [HELP!]

hzlzh

Idea

HELP!

I just can not find a note in my Evernote

That note is offen maintained and update by me once a week or once a month,it's very important for me, but now is't gone.

my other note is still ok, also I'd make some TimeMachine files in my Disk.(I use Mac Time Capslue).

I tried to search in my Evernote Trash and every file in my current note and there history version.(for this I've upgrade to a premiun account)

--------

I have no other way to find back that note, so I come to think if I can use my backup file in my time machine, to cover the old file back to my new mac OS?

644eac00gw1ejtse6rl9mj20eh09ewfi.jpg

post-219164-0-72641400-1409315607_thumb.

6 replies to this idea

• Ex Employees

If you are able to locate your missing note in your backup, you can restore with these instructions: 

Close Evernote
Replace the Library/Application Support/Evernote/accounts/Evernote/<your username>/ directory or ~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data/Library/Application Support/Evernote/account/<your username>/ with the Time Machine's cache (Note: on MacOS 10.7 go to the Finder, select Go and hit Option, which will allow you to select the hidden Library folder.)
Take the Mac off the network (Turn off Wireless/Airport)
Start Evernote
Right-click on the All Notebooks notebook to use the Export function to export the notes to an enex file (export tags as well if desired).
After doing that, make a Local notebook on the Mac client
Move all of the missing notes into the Local notebook
Connect to the network
Click the "Sync" button.

As a Premium subscriber, you have access to priority assistance from our support team. If you can not locate your data in the backup files, they will be able to better assist with investigating this issue. Feel free to message back your ticket # and I'll take a look into it. 

Thanks for your reply, I've did exactly what you told me to just now(with my WiFi on & off).

I've recovered my old Evernote from Time Machine, and successfully opened that missing note named "A" (example), but A is too old file version(2012/09/20), since my Time Machine is to old.

So I wish to get the history of this file online, but the [History Note] is just upto (2013/04/23), how can I get more reversion of this note "A", I need the data from 2013/04/23 till today, what should I do next?

please check those screenshot I've made for you.

644eac00gw1eju284hmgej20cm09mmyb.jpg

644eac00gw1eju2r8b7v0j20ez0enwg3.jpg

644eac00gw1eju2k91a14j2092052t8s.jpg

If you are able to locate your missing note in your backup, you can restore with these instructions: 

Close Evernote

Replace the Library/Application Support/Evernote/accounts/Evernote/<your username>/ directory or ~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data/Library/Application Support/Evernote/account/<your username>/ with the Time Machine's cache (Note: on MacOS 10.7 go to the Finder, select Go and hit Option, which will allow you to select the hidden Library folder.)

Take the Mac off the network (Turn off Wireless/Airport)

Start Evernote

Right-click on the All Notebooks notebook to use the Export function to export the notes to an enex file (export tags as well if desired).

After doing that, make a Local notebook on the Mac client

Move all of the missing notes into the Local notebook

Connect to the network

Click the "Sync" button.

As a Premium subscriber, you have access to priority assistance from our support team. If you can not locate your data in the backup files, they will be able to better assist with investigating this issue. Feel free to message back your ticket # and I'll take a look into it. 

also I've contact your support via ticket and chat at the same time, hope your guys can help me with this issue, thanks a lot!

Archived