What can I do on a Free Account

Hello, 

This might be a really stupid question, but with Evernote so gladly offering me 30-day trials of Premium features, I have lost count on what exactly can a Free account do. And I cannot find a definitive answer anywhere (perhaps I am bad at looking or looking in the wrong places)

So here are my questions:

1. Can I share notebooks on a Free EN account? (right now it seems to me that I can)

2. If sharing is possible whose upload quota do they use? (The creator's only or every person sharing it? or is it some other way?)

3. If sharing is possible is there a limit how many notebooks I can share?

I am aware that EN has removed the share public link feature so if I can share I'd need everyone's emails to do it. Removing the public link feature "for security concerns" is upsetting me immensely. Aren't we mostly adults capable of deciding what is safe to share and what not?!

Thanks, 

C

• Level 5*

Hi

1. AFAIK you can still share one notebook with edit rights with others,  and/ or any or all notebooks as read only.
  2. If you share an editable notebook,  any changes to it are against your upload limit.  If someone copies a note from your shared notebook into their own, it affects their upload limit.
  3. See 1.
  • Ex Employees

Hi

1. AFAIK you can still share one notebook with edit rights with others,  and/ or any or all notebooks as read only.
  2. If you share an editable notebook,  any changes to it are against your upload limit.  If someone copies a note from your shared notebook into their own, it affects their upload limit.
  3. See 1.

Free users are now able to share the same about of notebooks as Premium and Business with 'Can edit and invite' and 'Can edit' permissions. 

• Level 5*

Hi

3. See 1.

Free users are now able to share the same about of notebooks as Premium and Business with 'Can edit and invite' and 'Can edit' permissions. 

Really? When did this come about? Sounds like it would have been worthy of an announcement.

Archived