Lost notes

I have recently lost two rather lengthly notes and was wondering if there was any way to retrieve thier contents. The latest happened yesterday when I accessed my note via my windows phone. As I open the note up in order to send an email copy to myself it disappeared and then I was sent back to my list of all notes. No sign of this note ever existing  shows up on my list. The first note was lost in a similiar way only this time the title of the note remaining on my "all notes" page and a few of the first lines of the note showing on the note but when I try to open this note the note opens to no content and only the title of the note at the top.  No sign of either of these notes in my"deleted note" wastebox. I do not have premium evernotes but at this point would be willing to buy the premuim version if I could get this content back.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Not a windows phone user,  so I don't have any special insights; but phone apps don't store the complete note on the phone,  it's on the server and downloaded to the phone when you click on the title.  Did you have a network connection when this problem arose?  I suggest you log in via the evernote.com web client and see whether your notes are still alive and well online.  If not,  and they've been around for a while,  it may be worth upgrading to Premium for a month to get access to the 'step back' feature - you may be able to roll those notes back to a previous version.

It's possible that through a combination of bad connection and/ or tapping the wrong link at the wrong time,  you actually deleted the notes,  but in that case they should be in your Trash notebook.

Thanks gazumped for the reply. I am in the web client and no sign of the lost notes shows either in my notebook or waste basket. Do you know if I upgrade would I have access to a person who could search the servers to see if the notes could be retrieved?

I also noticed that an update for Evernote has been offered for my phone and web client but I havent yet upgraded for fear of not being able to retrieve the lost notes. Could updating the ap on my phone and web client be the way to retrieve the lost notes???

It is very unlikely that updating the application will retrieve your lost notes (though it might prevent the loss of future notes!!). 

Evernote staff cannot access your notes, or any individual user's notes, on their servers (otherwise nobody would dream of putting anything IN evernote!), as far as I know, they cannot search their servers for your notes. (even of this was possible, with so many millions of users, that would be a monumental search). 

Because your lost notes don't appear in the web client, I think they are gone.... unless you have Evernote installed on a computer for which you have a hard drive backup that you can retrieve them from. But if you are sure they are not in the trash on the web, on any of your devices, and if you have confirmed –by doing a thorough search using the search function– that the note isn't just in some unlikely location in your Evernote, then I think you're out of luck. 

Why exactly the notes were lost is really mysterious...

Archived