JotScript vs Jot Touch Pixelpoint

Kuks

I know Evernote officially supports the Jot Script, but I see there is a new Jot Touch with Pixelpoint. I am getting a new tablet strictly for note taking for meetings/client appointments. From what I've read, the Bluetooth technology is the same so it should work, but buttons may not be supported in the penultimate app. My question is, has anyone used this new pen in penultimate and how well does it work compared to the script? Thanks in advance for the advice.

I think the Jot Touch just started shipping recently so there may not be many users with it yet. That being said, I too am very very curious about the Touch, how it performs in general, and with Penultimate specifically. Looking forward to seeing some more reviews about the Touch.

I do think the technology is going to be the same with the two different Stylus. It almost seems like Evernote had a deal to sell theirs first, with a time before Adonit sold theirs. Also, the Adonit Pixelpoint is selling for $119. I like the Evernote Script price point better.  :)

Yeah, Verno, I do like the price. But after spending $500 on a tablet for handwriting, I don't want to kick myself for cheaping out over a $45 difference. I am skeptical about handwriting altogether on a tablet. I have a ThinkPad Helix for laptop and used to have an iPad 1 with a couple styli. I wasn't happy with the iPad 1st gen, but am willing to give the iPad another shot. While he helix is good, I need a notebook or something for note taking in addition to it. So this iPad will ideally replace the Evernote Moleskine I carry around.

If handwriting is the same, then my only question is really, do I need/want pressure sensitivity for handwriting? I didn't realize the pixelpoint was so new until Scott pointed it out. Thanks. I guess I'll just have to pick one and go with it. Sounds like the Script would do what I need. Thanks for the input.

I am skeptical about handwriting altogether on a tablet. 

I think this is they key thing that everyone needs to keep in mind when considering a stylus. Even the BEST writing experience on a tablet is going to be very, very different from paper and pen, and it will likely be a poorer experience than the pen and paper it replaced.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I've just found this thread and have been using the Jot touch for 2 months now.  I do really like it and after testing a select amount of Styluses I settled in this one.  I like how robust it feels and how fine the tip is. 

My only issues is when using it with penultimate - The undo/redo buttons do not work and, as it is, the Penultimate's undo/redo buttons are at the top-right of my iPad which, when in horizontal-scrolling mode, this is a bit of pain (perhaps duplicating them and putting them in front of the return button is a good suggestion?

Penultimate - Will you be supporting the features of this stylus soon?  

Archived