How to stop sharing a note

• Level 5*

You may have shared the notebook (and all notes in it...) rather than just one note.  Right-click the notebook in the left-hand panel and choose 'share' - delete any details in there to remove sharing.  Do the same for individual notes if necessary.

Gazumped, just to be clear about this, you can only Share Notebooks - regardless of how many Notes in it, be 1 or 100 - but you can NOT Share *individual* Notes, correct?

You may have shared the notebook (and all notes in it...) rather than just one note. Right-click the notebook in the left-hand panel and choose 'share' - delete any details in there to remove sharing. Do the same for individual notes if necessary.

• Level 5*

Gazumped, just to be clear about this, you can only Share Notebooks - regardless of how many Notes in it, be 1 or 100 - but you can NOT Share *individual* Notes, correct?

You may have shared the notebook (and all notes in it...) rather than just one note. Right-click the notebook in the left-hand panel and choose 'share' - delete any details in there to remove sharing. Do the same for individual notes if necessary.

Both are possible. There are differences between them, but things seem to be changing a lot recently. We just lost shared public notebooks (this week). I don't know if we will be keeping shared notes. So, it would be good to test this stuff out in your own workflow / use case and have backup solutions just in case a particular feature becomes unavailable.

Yes, I saw that the ability to publicly share a notebook was yanked, but I had thought the only way to share a note, was to have it contained in a shared motebook.

I forsee a lot of angery users posting the boards very soon..

Both are possible. There are differences between them, but things seem to be changing a lot recently. We just lost shared public notebooks (this week). I don't know if we will be keeping shared notes. So, it would be good to test this stuff out in your own workflow / use case and have backup solutions just in case a particular feature becomes unavailable.

• Ex Employees

How do you stop sharing a note with someone. I tried to share a specific note and it seems like all my notes are shared with this person. I don't see any options to stop sharing....?????

To unshare a Public URL on desktop, select the arrow in the top right corner and choose 'Stop Sharing'

To unshare a shared notebook, go into share settings and select the 'x' next to the users information. 

• Ex Employees

Users that have already shared a notebook via public URL should still find the notebook accessible. We have updated options for Free users allowing them to share as many notebooks with 'Can edit and invite' and 'Can edit' permission (previously only available for Premium and Business users)

• Level 5*

Wow - really?  Free users can share many notebooks with 'edit' and 'can edit and invite to edit' permissions?  Any chance there's a blog post or some sort of an advisory on this?  I can see users being pleased the facility is available,  but still unhappy that they've lost other options they were quite fond of...

Archived