REQUEST: Outliner Functionality

jamesgc

Idea

If you could take OmniOutliner and wrap it into Evernote, you'd have something pretty amazing. 

I'm tired of using the crappy Evernote text editor yet I can't live without my Evernote  :unsure:

The text editor does not even have a set of styles (e.g. H1, H2, H3)

Are there any plans to extend the text editor with better functionality such as an outliner or some style presets?

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Omnioutliner is also £35 for the Mac, another 20 quid for the iOS version and I don't think there is a web/android/alternative.

Workflowy is free, works on multiple platforms and integrates OK with Evernote.

Omnioutliner is also £35 for the Mac, another 20 quid for the iOS version and I don't think there is a web/android/alternative.

Workflowy is free, works on multiple platforms and integrates OK with Evernote.

workflowy is free if you don't use it much, otherwise it's subscription. how does it integrate with evernote? i have omnioutliner and use workflowy. integration does sound interesting... 

• Level 5*

Hmmn

"workflowy is free if you don't use it much" - I've used my free copy for a few years without charges;  what limits are you hitting?

"Integration" - copying and pasting from Workflowy into a note is about as good as it gets,  plus EN note links can be pasted into WF.

Just to let you know I have switched to One Note from Evernote.

In general I can't stand Microsoft products.

However, I don't see the point of a note taking app/program that doesn't support Outlining.

What is up with that?

Most people vote with their feet.  I am doing you the favor of why I am using a competitive product.

Archived