Evernote Arbitrarily Shutting Down and Cloud HQ question

I am using Evernote Premium on Windows 7.  Evernote 5.6.1.4242 (272242) I have been adding quite a few notes over the past few months and each month I have had a problem when the new month began with the upload count on the computer compared to the site.  Last month Support told me to move a dat file out of Evernote and then re-sync to the site, after making sure the note counts agreed in both places. I also was told to empty the trash.  That seemed to solve the problem.

This month, I downloaded the trial version of Cloud HQ in an attempt to bulk move my gmails to Evernote.  That seemed to work ok, but on looking at it further, I find instances where the thumbnails don't match the notes.  Some notes also say its got a ridiculous amount of attached files (96).  I am in the process of weeding through my default file now.  Now, when I have Evernote open and am working on tagging and assigning notebooks, Evernote just shuts down and has to be restarted.  That is quite annoying.

I will write a support ticket, but was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and if there is anything I can do that might fix this.

I appreciate your thoughts as I working through this mess that I have created for myself.  Thanks ahead of time.

Patrice

Hi. A couple questions that help you assistance sooner:

1) Are you a Free or Premium user? I ask because it's now official that EN is phasing Tech Support out for us Free users, so submitting a ticket if you are, may or may not be answered. And is they do, you could be waiting a long time.

2) To assist other users helping you here on the forum, you need to tell us what Clients (platforms/devices) you are using Evernote on. I.E. Windows 7 or 8, Mac, Windows phone, Android, IOS, Web or iPad.

I am using Evernote Premium on Windows 7. Evernote 5.6.1.4242 (272242) I have been adding quite a few notes over the past few months and each month I have had a problem when the new month began with the upload count on the computer compared to the site. Last month Support told me to move a dat file out of Evernote and then re-sync to the site, after making sure the note counts agreed in both places. I also was told to empty the trash. That seemed to solve the problem.

This month, I downloaded the trial version of Cloud HQ in an attempt to bulk move my gmails to Evernote. That seemed to work ok, but on looking at it further, I find instances where the thumbnails don't match the notes. Some notes also say its got a ridiculous amount of attached files (96). I am in the process of weeding through my default file now. Now, when I have Evernote open and am working on tagging and assigning notebooks, Evernote just shuts down and has to be restarted. That is quite annoying.

I will write a support ticket, but was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and if there is anything I can do that might fix this.

I appreciate your thoughts as I working through this mess that I have created for myself. Thanks ahead of time.

Patrice

• Level 5*

Sounds like there is at least one problem that you need to discuss with CloudHQ -- the thumbnails vs. notes mismatches.

The problem with Evernote crashing is hard to diagnose. Did you get an option to sent a crash report? Thats recommended if you get the opportunity. In the meantime, you should be able to use the web client to help with the reorganization that you're working on. Since you're a premium user, you can take advantage of the live support chat that Evernote offers. At a guess, you may need to remove the Evernote database from your local machine and resync your account, but I'd let support figure out the best way forward.

In dealing with the mess I have created, I have not seen the mismatch of notes and thumbnails on the site.  It is a possibility that I just haven't come across it yet.  I don't get an option to send a crash report.  It just shuts down.  I have been working on the web client, but it is a very tedious process to do it there.  I just had to remove the Evernote database last month and resync to the site.  I am using the latest version of Evernote, but have to wonder if the program on the computer is corrupted somehow.  I did submit a support tickets and tried chat.  It doesn't make sense that each month, I will have to resync to the site.  I don't know a lot about computers, probably just enough to be dangerous.  I  feel certain it will straighten out in the end.  I have now stopped the authorization for Cloud HQ until I can get this under control.  Thanks for your thoughts and advice.

• Ex Employees

It doesn't make sense that each month, I will have to resync to the site.  

You should be syncing with every change to your account on desktop and mobile devices. Your web client should automatically do this for your. 

If you send over your ticket # I would be happy to further investigate this issue. 

charboyd -- Thank you for your offer to help.  Right now, I am in a race against time and it looks like I have to send the laptop off for repair for a hardware issue.  I am trying to make sure I get everything off the computer.  Once, I get it back, I will repost.  I am sorry for this interruption, but it can't be helped.  Thanks again.

Archived